Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rollertrol?
So I am automating all of my windows (finally!) with Rollertrol shades.  They are apparently compatible with the Broadlink RM, RFXCom, and through some trickery Z-Wave.  For those keeping score, Serena shades were just under $700/window while the Rollertrol shades come in at $235/window.  So, yeah ...

But has anyone ever successfully pulled these guys into CQC?  I saw some chatter about RFXCom a while back with no resolution, and that looks like a popular automation option, but they are sending me the Broadlink RM for free.   The only thing I know is that both RFXCom and Broadlink have github integrations for HomeKit, HASS, etc, so somehow they have an API.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
I've been using Rollertroll shades since 2013 with the RFXcom and I believe the generic serial port driver in CQC.  I had documented how I did this fairly well but am having trouble finding that info right now of course.  It may be lost on my old server that crashed unfortunately...

It's one way comms. only this way, but I don't think the protocol allows 2 way anyhow.  There was some tools you could install with the RFXCom that could send commands out and I recall basically reverse engineering things a bit.  I saw a hex string that you could then re-send to the RFXCOM via CQC's driver to open/close/stop the blinds. There is an address for each blind and 01, 02, 03 commands or such thing to open/close etc.  Fairly simple once you see it in action.   Not too sure on the Broadlink.  Perhaps you can send the same strings via the generic serial driver to that as well and it'll work.

Here's the command I send to open one of my blinds:
// Great Room Lower Blind Up Address: 79 B8
Devices::FieldWrite
   P1=Serial_Test.SendBinMsg
   P2=09 19 00 05 00 79 B8 01 00 00
   P3=True

AND to Close it:

// Great Room Lower Blind Down Address: 79 B8
Devices::FieldWrite
   P1=Serial_Test.SendBinMsg
   P2=09 19 00 05 00 79 B8 01 01 00
   P3=True

Let me know if any other questions and I can try and jog my memory further.
thanks, this tracks with random info ive found online. there is a hex code that includes your 'house' code and a blind ID and just gets blasted out to everything. it's nice to know the rfxcom works with the generic driver, though - so i have an 'in' to get things integrated.

im 17-20 days on my first order, so i guess we will find out soon enough.

Smile
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech