Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated to V2 media drivers
Ok now I get CDPlayer1 does not have a field named "playmedia"  can't play dvd movie from my sony changer. Can I edit the auto gen template?
ok got the music going, I think the movie part is going to be a bit more involved.
would love to, be able to add a watch tv chose also
Changers are not supported in the auto-gen system. They are barely supported at all these days really, since they are very rarely used anymore. You might be the last one using one.

You can use the generated templates as a starter kit for your own stuff. Just be aware that any changes you make to the generated templates will get overwritten if you re-generate them again.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Yea I figured that was the case, so what is everyone using for video?
Also I do have seven different video displays, would love to included them. Would be ir through Harmony Hub.
In terms of powering things up and down, setting inputs, etc... there are predefined actions that the auto-gen system provides. So you can set up various actions that the auto-generated interfaces will invoke when you enter a section of the interfaces, and it will create some buttons for some of them so that you can invoke them.

These days most everyone uses ripped data. You can use MyMovies, DVD Profiler, or our own media manager for movies. Or you can use Plex, which a number of folks do.
Dean Roddey
What CQC driver do I use for movies?
You mean for playing movies or managing movie metadata? For the later one of the above would work. For playback the V2 options are a little sparse currently. Plex is popular. The Dune player is an option. We need to try to get some more V2 compliant video players going.

The Roku is a supported player but not V2 compliant. There is an Oppo driver (which talks to it via UPnP) but apparently it will only accept DLNA type media paths to play. So you can use the driver for playback control but it won't work if you just pass it a shared directory to play from, so that limits the driver's effectiveness.

The Dune would be a good choice if you want a hardware player. I use one of those and it's worked fine for a long time now. The driver only supports it as a streaming player. Some of them have a local DVD/Blu-ray player tray, but the driver doesn't know anything about that.

Plex is a software player that works through their own media server. In that case, most folks generally just use the Plex browsing interface to select media to play, and would only do transport and volume control via CQC, though you can select media in CQC as well in the normal V2 way.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emotiva XMC-2 Drivers? Darrie 1 350 01-06-2022, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  I updated to the latest beta version of CQC, and now getting libvlc.dll error? ghurty 2 1,191 04-29-2020, 07:06 AM
Last Post: ghurty
  Media Repository simplextech 10 3,722 01-09-2020, 07:19 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  CQC Drivers, License and Upgrades simplextech 4 1,632 01-09-2020, 09:22 AM
  Media playing from Event simplextech 11 3,847 01-07-2020, 06:09 PM
  SubSonic Media Server API Support? gReatAutomation 4 2,390 06-16-2019, 02:45 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Deleting Drivers From AI "Add Drivers List" kblagron 1 1,026 05-16-2019, 09:18 AM
  Drivers and Hardware List wusupwchu 3 2,157 02-20-2018, 04:35 PM
  Sonos Drivers kjaerligkatt 66 26,684 02-15-2018, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Logitech Media Server/squeezebox driver freezes Admin interface lleo 7 6,185 10-21-2017, 11:11 AM