Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cover Art Browser scrolling issues
On to my next issue......

When I try to scroll on my CABs (either by choosing a letter to "scroll" to, or by using the scroll list "Previous" or "Next" page commands), I get a bitmap error such as this.....

08/20 17:08:14-Editing_Machine, CQCIntfView, MainThread
{
    CIDGraphDev, CIDGraphDev_Bitmap.cpp.1560, Failed/Cannot Do, Error: 204/0/0
    Creation of the bitmap object failed
      <CQCIntfView> CQCIntfEng_ActEngine.cpp - 689
      <CQCIntfView> CQCIntfEng_View.cpp - 6031
      <CQCIntfView> CQCIntfEng_View.cpp - 3116

}

If I just use the mouse to "flick" the screen, I tend to get this error... "An error occurred during the gesture idle mode". Unfortunately the is no option to copy this error.

Perhaps on a related note, on one machine, the CAB won't even load. In other words, there is no art or text in the CAB.

Any ideas?
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
The CAB uses a layout template to create the content for each entry these days. For upgraded systems it just provides a default one that has more or less the same look as the old look. But you can create your own and customize it. There may have been some glitch in the upgrade with pointing it at the default one or something like that.

Try creating one of your own and pointing the CAB at it and see if that makes a difference. And that way you can also have the content look however you want it.

If no difference, let me know. No one has been complaining about it, so I think it's basically happy. So I'm guessing that, coming from an older version there may have been something awry with updating it correctly.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Did you figure anything out there?
Dean Roddey
I copied the default template over to the user section and modified them and created one for CDs and one for movies. I was still having a lot of trouble until I sized them to get a two high repo. This seems to have fixed my DVD repo. I also seemed to fix the CD repo as well, but after working for a short while, I cannot get the CD repo to appear on any IV (at least not on the three machines I have tried). The repo seems to load because if I click on a spot where a CD choice would be, it will bring up the CD detail popup as expected. But there is no cover art or artist or album names showing up at all.

Edit - I went back to play with it again and the only thing I changed was to add a "missing album" image selection. Oddly enough, that caused the CAB to load correctly and I can now see the normal cover art and album/artist names. What is really weird is that the image I selected does not actually show up for missing cover art, it still shows a blank screen (but at least the album/artist descriptions are showing up now).

Edit 2- after reloading the screen a second time, it now loads the image I selected for the missing album art situation. So it seems to be working fine now.

Edit3 - just for giggles, I turned off the images for both missing cover and playlist options. I reloaded the template and made sure the cache images selection was clicked off and the missing cover art image still appears. I even even closed out and reopened the IV completely and the image still appears. I triple checked that I had saved the template and even closed out that template in the editor. The image still appears in my CAB. It's not a big deal, but I it might point to an larger bug.
Other systems used:
Hmmm... Not sure what could be going on there. Can you just create a simple, new, standalone template that just has a CAB on it? Let's do some divide and conquer. If that has the same issue, then we can look in one direction. If it works fine, we can look in another.

It does do a lot of memory based graphics operations. Are your graphics cards set to 32 bit mode? Most likely so these days, but check just to be sure. Also, are these memory constrained systems?

Oh, and also the issue may be that it's not getting the data, not that it's having trouble displaying it. The data is pre-downloaded by the CQC Client Service, which is maybe not something that was there in the version you were on, I can't remember. It pulls the data down and caches it locally for vast access.

That also can have issues if it's a storage or memory constrained system. If these guys are smaller devices, maybe just test your templates on a regular desktop type machine as a sanity check as well.

And we need to make sure it's running and getting the required data. What media repository are you using?
Dean Roddey
(08-22-2017, 05:32 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Hmmm... Not sure what could be going on there. Can you just create a simple, new, standalone template that just has a CAB on it? Let's do some divide and conquer. If that has the same issue, then we can look in one direction. If it works fine, we can look in another.

It does do a lot of memory based graphics operations. Are your graphics cards set to 32 bit mode? Most likely so these days, but check just to be sure. Also, are these memory constrained systems?

Oh, and also the issue may be that it's not getting the data, not that it's having trouble displaying it. The data is pre-downloaded by the CQC Client Service, which is maybe not something that was there in the version you were on, I can't remember. It pulls the data down and caches it locally for vast access.

That also can have issues if it's a storage or memory constrained system. If these guys are smaller devices, maybe just test your templates on a regular desktop type machine as a sanity check as well.

And we need to make sure it's running and getting the required data. What media repository are you using?

Out of the three machines, two are pretty modern desktops with lots of memory.  I am running a lighter machine on my kitchen touchscreen, but even that is a dual core (E5300) pentium processor with 2gb of ram and it only runs the IV. The touchscreen and one of the desktops are running Windows 10 64bit and the CQC server is running Windows 7 64 bit.

I am running the File Tag Repo V2.  It has 2130 as it's title count, but many of those titles are not full albums, but just a song or two.  It takes a couple of minutes to load initially, but obviously seems to run fine after the initial load.
Other systems used:
Do you see any messages in the logs from the CQCClServer program, complaining that it can't download data from the repo? If it can't do that for some reason that would prevent any media data from being available. So that's a good place to start, at the back and work forward.

If you flush the logs and restart the service on one of the clients, you'll see messages from the client service on that machine saying it found the repo, that it's downloading data, and that it downloaded it all successfully, if it was in fact able to. If it did, then you should find files on the client machine in:

[cqc]\CQCData\Client\Data\MediaCache\xyz

where xyz is the moniker of your media repository. You should bmps in there for the thumbs for each album, and JPGs for the large art. And there will be a Metadata.CQCRepoDB file that holds the metadata.

So check those things and let's see if anything has gone awry up to that point. It might be worth stopping the service (both of them if both are running on that client) and deleting the contents of that xyz directory, then starting up the app shell and the client service, and make sure it newly populates that directory.
Dean Roddey
Oh, and then of course bring up a CAB, and see if there are any messages logged about whether it had a problem talking to the client service.

It could be that perhaps some anti-virus blocked the client service. Not too likely, but it could happen. Or there's some issue with getting to the client service. I think the IV would use the localhost address to talk to it. So maybe you don't have the local host adapter installed on your machine.

Open the CQC Command Prompt on that client after you get it back up again and run:

CQCNetTest > Nt.Txt

and post the contents of that NT.Txt file and let's make sure the client service is contactable.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RTI XP6 Issues gReatAutomation 4 1,093 08-31-2020, 01:47 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Possible Bug in Web Browser Widget or SetURL kblagron 8 2,442 04-29-2020, 06:58 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  With webriva, anyway to get an embedded browser window? ghurty 1 904 04-26-2020, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Continued Issues - RadioRA2 Thermo gReatAutomation 10 3,114 03-01-2020, 11:42 AM
  Issues after Acronis True image clone Ron Haley 4 1,775 02-14-2020, 03:44 PM
  Widget: Web Browser simplextech 4 2,131 01-12-2020, 12:47 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  ZWave Issues / Aeotec gReatAutomation 16 6,552 07-26-2019, 06:21 PM
  Image Browser? gReatAutomation 8 2,755 06-26-2019, 06:12 PM
  SOLVED: VLC dll Issues with CQC Interface Template Viewer gReatAutomation 3 2,406 06-17-2019, 06:17 AM
  Google Calendar and Web Browser kblagron 4 1,983 04-25-2019, 10:10 PM
Last Post: kblagron