Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drivers missing
Hi Dean, 

I have a bit of a scary situation occuring. 

I rebooted my CQC master and all my drivers are gone. 

Everything under devices is gone
I doubt they are actually gone, there must be some issue with accessing the back end or something. Keep in mind that that's just the configuration, it's not driven by actual drivers running. So I'm guessing something is preventing the AI from loading the configuration. Can you access other resources, like interfaces, images, etc...

Open a CQC Command Prompt and do:

CQCNetTest > nt.txt

and post the nt.txt file output. Let's see if there's some issue talking to the servers. I guess one thing to check is are the servers running, i.e. did the service not start up because you marked it manual mode or something like that? If you look in the task list are there CID*.exe and CQC*.exe processes (show processes for all users.) Did you set up the service to run under some user account, and maybe got rid of the account?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Also, if you brought up the AI immediately after a reboot. Try bring it up again, in case the back end up wasn't up fully yet or something like that.
Dean Roddey
I'm in the process of rebooting my vm host. 

I was able to connect to the AI

I made a copy of the CQC folder incase something goes wrong with this host reboot. 

You planning to be up for another hour?
For a little bit. It's almost 1AM here.
Dean Roddey
(07-04-2017, 08:47 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: For a little bit. It's almost 1AM here.

I emailed it to you because it was too large to post here.
It looks reasonable. Are the drivers still missing? Can you answer some of the questions I posted above? Also try this one:

CIDNSAdmin /dump > ns.txt

and send me that guy.
Dean Roddey
Oh, and of course get me a log dump, so:

CIDLogAdmin > log.txt
Dean Roddey
Looks like all the processes are there. Can you try this from the VM itself, just to make sure it's not some configuration issue from that particular client? I.e. name resolution change or something like that. Run the AI on the VM itself and see if you are seeing the same thing there.
Dean Roddey
(07-04-2017, 09:11 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Oh, and of course get me a log dump, so:

CIDLogAdmin > log.txt

I sent you all of that

I haven't made any permission changes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emotiva XMC-2 Drivers? Darrie 1 350 01-06-2022, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQC Drivers, License and Upgrades simplextech 4 1,632 01-09-2020, 09:22 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Deleting Drivers From AI "Add Drivers List" kblagron 1 1,026 05-16-2019, 09:18 AM
  Missing how to tell CQC to read a Lutron keypad button pressed ghurty 7 2,806 01-08-2019, 09:55 PM
  System.Runtime.FileSystem documentation missing? rbroders 1 1,532 11-25-2018, 07:44 PM
  ISY scenes and relays missing carealtor 1 1,294 11-12-2018, 10:22 PM
  Drivers and Hardware List wusupwchu 3 2,157 02-20-2018, 04:35 PM
  Sonos Drivers kjaerligkatt 66 26,684 02-15-2018, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Updated to V2 media drivers tom 8 4,204 11-26-2017, 11:10 AM
  Moving drivers to another machine (or renaming a machine) Dean Roddey 0 1,748 10-04-2017, 11:57 AM