Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lutron Caseta & Zwave Issues
Yes that's how I added the lights, through the client side driver. Id's are correct.
Well, I'm at a loss then. The fact that it's not responding to the ping is already suspicious and now it's not responding to field writes either. Have you tried more than one light? Just to make sure? Or some of the buttons maybe? Is everything failing?

You might have to port forward it for me so that I can try it from here and see what is going on, because something just doesn't seem kosher with it.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Let me know what you need from me to get the lights working
Wink 
Here is what it looks like loaded
emailed some pics

Here is what it looks like loaded
I think we are getting to the point where you are going to need to port forward so I can connect to it. But, as one last attempt at remote diagnosis, I've attached one where I just doubled the time the driver will wait for all msgs. Let's see if maybe yours is just really slow to respond or something perhaps.

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   CasetaWithLongTO.CQCDrvPack (Size: 37.44 KB / Downloads: 2)
Dean Roddey
ok will try and let you know
didn't work
OK, it's just not responding. I'm not sure what I'll be able to figure out even if I connect to it. Unless there is something obvious, like you set up the wrong port or the username/password is not right or its IP has changed, I can't see what I could do since it's not going to respond to me either most likely. But at least I guess I can make sure if it's really not responding vs. if it's getting garbage.

Of course one difference is that the Caseta doesn't allow us to disable prompts. So it is always spitting out command line prompts as though someone were typing in messages and need to be prompted. It's possible that is confusing us somehow. That I could see if I connected to it.

Also it's just a telnet connection, which means it's simple text format. You can get a terminal program and connect to it on port 23 and just type in commands.

Set it up to do CR/LF type line endings (carriage return, line feed). When you connect to the Caseta it should prompt you for a user name and password, enter those, then you can enter commands and see the responses.

Try something like:

@PING

and hit enter and see if it responds. If you can't get it to respond to a terminal program, it'll never respond to the driver. There are various query msgs you can send. So get a light status would be:

?DEVICE, [id], [num], 14

And hit return, where [id] is the device's integration id, and [num] is the device's number. 14 is the command for read a light status.

You should also be able to do:

?HELP

and hit return to get a list of all of the commands.
Dean Roddey
ok been going through the set up for the driver, password and login, changed password. Same results, so I input fake name and password and the driver loaded and said it was connected, but wouldn't respond to commands, and lost its connection. I would think that it should not let the driver connect at all?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zwave lock BE469 and new BE469ZP kfly 1 390 01-30-2022, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  920 Beta Bug - Lutron Thermostat gReatAutomation 5 997 02-12-2021, 06:13 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Was the issue with Lutron Radio RA2 not updating ever fixed? ghurty 3 1,184 12-06-2020, 11:42 AM
  Lutron Caseta Add Fan and Shade Controllers bryanb 1 897 11-29-2020, 10:16 AM
  RTI XP6 Issues gReatAutomation 4 1,110 08-31-2020, 01:47 PM
  Lutron Caseta Occupancy Sensor bryanb 14 3,985 04-26-2020, 08:59 AM
Last Post: bryanb
  Write Failed / ZWave gReatAutomation 22 6,788 03-20-2020, 12:29 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,291 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
  Continued Issues - RadioRA2 Thermo gReatAutomation 10 3,180 03-01-2020, 11:42 AM
  Lutron RadioRA 2 - Occupancy Sensor simplextech 8 3,094 02-18-2020, 03:48 PM