Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lutron Caseta & Zwave Issues
Will also try the other suggestions above, will take me some time to do
My thought was the driver wasn't accepting my password?
Well, this is a simple telnet connection. To know it didn't work we'd have to try to parse out the console prompts which is error prone at best so we don't even try. But before it reports connected we have to have read the field values presumably.

Maybe the Caseta only is enforcing the login for outgoing writes or something?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
One thing that may have happened is that they changed their telnet prompt. It can't be turned off in the Caseta, so we have to strip it out. I was looking for a specific leading string to strip out. If they changed it, then I wouldn't find that string and hence wouldn't strip it out and hence would fail to process whatever it was that was being sent to us.

So I attached a version that doesn't look for a specific prompt string but just looks for any > character and strips anything up to there. There shouldn't be any > character in a valid msg, so if there is no prompt sent (and it's inconsistent about that) we shouldn't accidentally destroy a valid incoming msg.

This is a bit of a stretch, but it's best to make sure it's not the problem since it would be bad to spend a lot of time on more crazy stuff only for this to end up being it.

This is why telnet style protocols really aren't at all optimal for automation interfaces, and people should stop using them.

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   CasetaPromptStrip.CQCDrvPack (Size: 37.4 KB / Downloads: 2)
Dean Roddey
Didn't make a difference. Same problem.
Is the current Beta have the fix for caseta?
It has any that I've done so far. The one above was the last one attempted. I think I'm at the end of my remote diagnosis rope. I need to connect to it and see what is going on.

It would also help if we knew if anyone else was using the Caseta driver successfully at this point, but no one has chipped in.
Dean Roddey
Ok let me know what you need from me.
Thanks
You would need to set up a port forward to the Caseta repeater's (or whatever they call it in Caseta) internal address for port 23. Then send me your public IP and the username/password for the Caseta. You can change it after I'm done.
Dean Roddey
Sent you a email with the info you need.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zwave lock BE469 and new BE469ZP kfly 1 315 01-30-2022, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  920 Beta Bug - Lutron Thermostat gReatAutomation 5 951 02-12-2021, 06:13 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Was the issue with Lutron Radio RA2 not updating ever fixed? ghurty 3 1,114 12-06-2020, 11:42 AM
  Lutron Caseta Add Fan and Shade Controllers bryanb 1 855 11-29-2020, 10:16 AM
  RTI XP6 Issues gReatAutomation 4 1,063 08-31-2020, 01:47 PM
  Lutron Caseta Occupancy Sensor bryanb 14 3,866 04-26-2020, 08:59 AM
Last Post: bryanb
  Write Failed / ZWave gReatAutomation 22 6,682 03-20-2020, 12:29 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,111 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
  Continued Issues - RadioRA2 Thermo gReatAutomation 10 3,078 03-01-2020, 11:42 AM
  Lutron RadioRA 2 - Occupancy Sensor simplextech 8 3,017 02-18-2020, 03:48 PM