Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COuld not update triggers
I changed a trigger on a driver (actually on two drivers, Click and Logic Server) and I get this error

Could not update the trigger info to the driver, so it may be out of sync with the configuration.

06/08 07:20:22-Zeus01, CQCServer, CIDOrbSrvWorkThread_2
{
    CQCKit, CQCDriver_DriverBase.cpp.7528, Failed/Not Found, Error: 2007/0/0
    Driver HousePLC does not have a field named 'Water_Tank_Low_Level_Alm'
      <CQCServer> CIDOrb_ThisFacility.cpp - 536
      <CQCAdmin> CQCKit_CQCSrvAdminClientProxy.cpp - 1917
      <CQCAdmin> CQCAdmin_DrvMonTab.cpp - 1050

}

The field does not exist, but it probably did in the past and the event server is not letting go of the saved trigger for that field.
This stops me from adding a new trigger on the driver -  Any way to fix this? CQC V5.0.7
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
OK, that's the second time this has been seen. I'm guessing that there was originally a trigger on that field. But I would have thought that the name is what is used to match it. Let me look at this.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Is the error showing the right driver moniker?
Dean Roddey
OK, I think I see the issue. It stems from the movement of the driver config to the MS. When CQCServer loads the driver config, it removes any missing fields. The trigger editor used to work against that live config data from CQCServer before, now it works from the info stored on the MS. The editor stores the data back and then tells the driver to reload its triggers from the MS data that just got stored, but that contains old triggers.

I'll need to remove the dead triggers on the Admin Intf side now. Or query both the MS config and the live driver config from CQCServer and copy over the triggers from it to the MS data, before passing it in to be edited.

I never caught this during testing because it requires an old trigger to be around, and then for the fields to change such that the trigger is no longer valid. I had old triggers, but never one that got invalidated.
Dean Roddey
OK, I've changed it to both query the live config and update the config with those (pruned) triggers, and made the driver tolerant of not found fields. That way, if the AI can't for some reason manage to get the current driver config, it can still go forward and just leave the no longer valid triggers there. It'll try to remove them again next time.

I'll have to test this out and make sure it works.
Dean Roddey
BTW, in the immediate term, if you just want to get going again, as long as the drivers involved are not really painful to remove and re-add, you could just remove them and add them back under the same moniker, and that would remove the triggers with them.

Of course if you have a lot of triggers on fields you'd have to add those back, so that wouldn't be something you'd want to do in that case. If you just have a couple it might be worth doing in order to get going again.

Removing the logic server driver doesn't delete the logic server configuration, just the core driver configuration info. So you won't lose your logic server field configuration if you remove and re-add it. So it's just a matter of if you are willing to re-add the triggers or not.
Dean Roddey
Or, alternatively, you could use the Clear All Triggers button to remove all triggers from the offending drivers, and add the triggers back. Again, only if you don't have more triggers than you are willing to re-add. But it's a shorter path than removing and re-adding the drivers.
Dean Roddey
This will be fixed in the next drop (5.1.2). I've tested it out and confirmed that it's removing out of date triggers when you do a trigger edit operation.
Dean Roddey
Thanks Dean

Yes, the moniker was correct, the field name is close to one I have so I guess I renamed it at some point. Never saw the issue in <V5 but it did reside on the MS.

There are quite a few triggers so it is going to be painful.

I'll try adding the field back in first and see if that fixes it.

Is there a way we can have an import/export of triggers (and of states in the IV config - I have that prolem now as well, about 20 states need to be recreated manually).
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Adding the field back in won't do anything. Let me see if I can create you a very minimal patch that will make it happy in the meantime. The change to make CQCServer tolerant of references to dead fields should be enough for the immediate term.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RadioRA2 Triggers gReatAutomation 3 743 03-25-2020, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 857 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  More than 4 triggers simplextech 4 1,338 01-09-2020, 10:02 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Triggered Event and Standard Triggers gReatAutomation 5 1,598 08-23-2019, 12:38 PM
  Elk Counter update Ron Haley 23 4,152 06-19-2019, 06:05 PM
  Sonos Update Error (Again) karenlee 39 11,364 12-04-2018, 10:15 PM
  How to update the new zwave stick/driver? ghurty 5 2,053 11-22-2018, 06:56 PM
  Widget table doesn't update Attributes tab rbroders 6 2,851 09-11-2018, 07:52 PM
  Triggered event w/ multiple triggers lleo 16 6,087 06-06-2018, 06:21 PM
Last Post: lleo
  A word of warning regarding the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Mark Stega 40 18,305 11-13-2017, 10:56 AM