Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create/Import Packages
Having spent the best part of a day copying Events and Global Actions from one system to another, I realized that there are are "Create" and "Import Package" options on the right click menu for each of them, but the options are greyed out Cry Cry .  When will these be working. (I am on 5_921

PJG
There really isn't a package for events, which is why that is greyed out. There is a means to import/export events, but I'll have to see if that made it to 5.0. For import, you don't have to do them one by one, there's a little tool to do them, but it may not have been updated for 5.0 either. I'll have to check that.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(05-19-2017, 08:51 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: There really isn't a package for events, which is why that is greyed out. There is a means to import/export events, but I'll have to see if that made it to 5.0. For import, you don't have to do them one by one, there's a little tool to do them, but it may not have been updated for 5.0 either. I'll have to check that.

As the moment, there are tools for creating/importing *.CQCFldDump and *.CQCTmplPack files and these work for 5.0.  Doing the same for Global events is the real big issue for me as I have nearly 20 in my back machine.  If you could make this work, then it would be easy to make copies of Triggered events in the Global actions scope and then create/import for there.  There is still a CQCBulkLoader tool, but I have not tried it and it does not work for Global Actions anyway.

PJG
Dean

Did you ever get around to looking at a way of creating/importing packages for events?  I am going to have to move (via a remote log in) all my recent work to my second machine next week.  Drivers and Templates are OK, but events are still a pain.  At the moment, I have to copy all events into template actions with the same name, import the template on the second machine and then copy and past the actions for each event back into newly created events on the second machine.  Apart from the chances of errors, I have over 30 different events and it take a long tome to do it this way and then check that everything is working.

PJG
For now, though it's not something that normally we'd recommend, just copy the files manually. You'll need to do it with the service stopped, copy them into the same location on the new machine, then start up the service again.

So:

1. Stop service on first machine
2. Go to [CQC]\CQCData\DataServer
3. Zip up the contents of the Events directory
4. Stop the service on the target machine
5. Unzip into that Events directory, making sure to get them into the right place.
6. Start up the service again.

We'll come up with some better way later, and this isn't something you should just do willy-nilly since it might cause issues. But, for this particular scenario it should be safe enough and will let you do the job pretty quickly.
Dean Roddey
That sounds better.  I will create a new stand alone test instance of CQC on a new tablet tomorrow and see it I can get this to work.  Will let you know.

PJG
I copied the Events and Global Actions and they appear on the second machine correctly .  However, the DOS tool CQCExtractDrvFlds seems to have stopped running on rev 5.1.3.

From the directory C:\Program Files (x86) I enter CQCExtractDrvFlds /Dumpvalues.  This always worked before, showing a list of all the drivers.  Now I just get

"CQC Driver Field Extractor
Copyright © Charmed Quark Systems"

and no list.  Is this another fall out from the change in driver management ??  There no create driver package command in the Admin interface as far as I can see either.

PJG
The extractor works for me. Be sure you are in the CQC Command Prompt, not just any command prompt. The general command prompts won't have the environmental info required.

For creating drivers packages that's done in the driver IDE as in pre-5.x versions. To import a package that's done in the Admin Intf (File -> Tools -> Import Package).
Dean Roddey
(07-18-2017, 09:46 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: The extractor works for me. Be sure you are in the CQC Command Prompt, not just any command prompt. The general command prompts won't have the environmental info required.

For creating drivers packages that's done in the driver IDE as in pre-5.x versions. To import a package that's done in the Admin Intf (File -> Tools -> Import Package).

OK - It works on the Master Server machine, if I use the CQC DOS prompt.  I thought I had tried it there yesterday, but perhaps not from the CQC Prompt.

All my drivers are PDL.  The Package Driver option in the Tools menu is greyed out, so I guess you have not implemented it yet.  No matter, it is just as easy to copy the Protocol and Manifest files and load the driver from scratch on the second machine.

PJG
Sorry - Forgot to load the driver before opening the tool menu.  Lack of sleep must be getting to me.

PJG

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant import package "do not have necessary rights" ghurty 1 1,135 11-22-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Floor Plan import George M 2 1,587 01-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Last Post: George M
  Create Global Action from IV? jkmonroe 3 2,345 12-30-2017, 12:04 PM
  How to Import a CQC Image Package KenC 9 6,493 10-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post: KenC
  Dean: Where is the import driver package these days Bugman 3 2,691 12-09-2016, 08:52 AM
  Possible to create an action "package" that can be called by other packages? ghurty 1 1,978 11-17-2016, 07:44 PM
  How to create boolean leveraged on a field? pbohannon 4 2,390 06-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Last Post: pbohannon
  Export/Import Gobal Actions pjgregory 5 2,872 05-02-2014, 12:49 PM
  Bug-Import fails potts.mike 2 2,292 03-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Driver to Parse XML and Create Fields? jkmonroe 17 4,958 01-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Last Post: wuench