Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread
When you first enter the edit dialog it also does not display the limit text for the first entry.
Oh, OK. My first one was a boolean so I hadn't caught that. I'll fix that for the next drop. It's one of those things from changing from my old windowing framework to the wrapped Win32 controls. They don't send out change events when set programmatically, when the initial item it selected in this case, whereas mine did. So I had to update every single dialog to deal with that, and obviously didn't quite catch them all.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Thanks Dean!
Dean a couple of items:

1) Another dialog box setup goober - When entering the Adjust field dialog for the Blackbird 4x4 driver during testing I am seeing the same issue where the field value box (in this case 0-4) is not getting initialized (it's like the variable driver Client Driver issue.)  Driver remembers the last field value selected and displays this when you go in to change but you can't use the set button to change the value, it sets the value of 0 (first element in the array I guess).  If I select a different value then it get's set properly. To test I'm changing the output state using the InvokeCmd LoadPreset:x which sets all outputs to 0 because nothing is configured yet

2) WebRiva - the password for the user is it the web password or the account password? The documentation does not specify.

3) For user management, as an administrator of my system it sure would be nice to be able to see what the password was that I set for a user. Is there any way this could be added at some point? Right now the only option is to reset the password which then forces me to change the password wherever it is used.  (personally I started storing the CQC user account information in a password vault but that is only a recent practice so some of the older accounts I have no recollection of what I set them to)
The password for WebRIVA is SUPPOSED to be the web password, but I forgot to do that, and it's the last thing on my list to change on WebRIVA (at least planned) before the release. I'll do that for the next drop. For now, use the regular password.

I don't think that the actual password is stored, just a hash of the password. That's sort of similar to other secure systems, where you don't want to leave the password somewhere that it could be gotten to. The client never passes the password to the server anyway, they both generate some unique content based on information they both have (the password hash among them) and the client provides that unique content (which is encrypted by a unique key similarly generated.)

So there's not even a technical need to keep the password around.
Dean Roddey
Dean, did you catch #1 in above list?
Yeh, I'm looking that now.
Dean Roddey
Where exactly are you seeing that? I can't find anything that is acting that way. They always show the previous value.
Dean Roddey
Here's what I did with the Blackbird driver:

1) set each output SWTCH#1-4 to corresponding input 1-1, 2-2, etc
1a) driver tab reflects changes for OpSource and Source fields for each output
2) recalled a scene which reset 1-4 to 0 since none have been configured yet
3) driver tab reflects 0 for OpSource and 1-4 for each Source field
4) go into Source for any output and dialog reflects correct last change but if you click save it stores 0 not 1 - 4.

I'll email you screen shots
I got some remaining unconverted old documentation converted over to the new system today, and fixed some bugs. Tomorrow I'm going to test and if nothing comes up I'll put up a 5.2 for you guys to upgrade to and make sure it's all happy before I post it officially. I'm sure it will be since it's just been tweaks and doc changes and for a number of drops now and a lot of those tweaks have been over in the WebRIVA client.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6.x Beta Release Discussions Thread gReatAutomation 26 3,788 05-09-2022, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  Official 5.5 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 46 14,744 09-23-2021, 03:32 PM
Last Post: jokermac
  Official 6.x Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 2 1,119 04-16-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  5.5 Beta Discussions Thread Dean Roddey 291 75,200 04-05-2021, 04:10 PM
  6.X Discussions Thread gReatAutomation 1 922 04-01-2021, 03:23 PM
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 170,642 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 30,802 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 376,552 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 20,044 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 14,335 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM