Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repo issues
I have a suspicion this may be on the Synology side, but i'll ask here anyhow.

In trying to setup the autogen in case I leave the Amazon Echo world, it appears I need to finally setup a repo. I've been using the Sonos app to directly kick off songs hence it's been unneeded.

I can't get either the FileTag repo or the CQSL Repo to work, they both hang in red for wait-for-initilization or wait-for-connect.

My music is all on my Synology NAS, I suspect it's a permissions issue on the NAS side, but will post the logfile here just in case i'm wrong.

Attached Files
.txt   CIDLog.Txt (Size: 9 KB / Downloads: 4)
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
I don't see any errors in there related to those guys. The file tag guy might take a while to load, since it has to remotely scan all of the files and extract metadata.

In either base, make sure our app shell service is running as a standard admin type account, not the default system account, which doesn't have any sort of network rights and so woudln't be able to see those shared directories on the NAS.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(05-15-2017, 08:43 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: In either base, make sure our app shell service is running as a standard admin type account, not the default system account, which doesn't have any sort of network rights and so woudln't be able to see those shared directories on the NAS.

How do I do that?
Go to manage system (in Win10 you can just open the file browser and manage is one of the options in the top bar.) Then expand out Services and Applications on the left. Select Services, Find the CQC App Shell service in the right hand list. Right click and select Properties and then the Log On tab.
Dean Roddey
Well, that wasn't it. CQC REpo says "Wait for initialization" and FileTag says "Wait for Config".

Will try other stuff. I think it's a synology perms issue, need to figure that out.
The CQSL repo will need write privileges, not just read, since it has to create the files itself. The FileTag just needs read privs. However, as I said, it can take some time, because loading metadata across the network like that is notoriously slow. Also, you don't want to set the embedded image option when you install it unless you really have to, since that is even slower. If you leave that off, it will look for file based cover art in the same directory as the media files.

If you put them into verbose mode, you can get more info about what they are doing.
Dean Roddey
Paging JKMonroe, or anyone who knows Synology. I can't get CQC to get perms to read or write into my Synology NAS. Works fine if I point CQC at a locally stored folder, just not the NAS.

I did the following:
1) Created a user on the NAS with the same name as my CQC server's windows username.
2) gave it the same login password for Synology and Windows

Don't seem to be any other options to configure, but CQC still sits at waiting to initialize, and the CQC Repo directories never get created so it clearly can't read/write it. What am I doing wrong?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RTI XP6 Issues gReatAutomation 4 1,105 08-31-2020, 01:47 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Continued Issues - RadioRA2 Thermo gReatAutomation 10 3,136 03-01-2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Issues after Acronis True image clone Ron Haley 4 1,779 02-14-2020, 03:44 PM
  ZWave Issues / Aeotec gReatAutomation 16 6,577 07-26-2019, 06:21 PM
  SOLVED: VLC dll Issues with CQC Interface Template Viewer gReatAutomation 3 2,411 06-17-2019, 06:17 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Lutron Caseta & Zwave Issues dangerlong 191 72,407 12-19-2018, 06:40 PM
Last Post: tom
  Can't Paste Description Repo Manager rbroders 5 2,389 09-30-2018, 08:37 AM
  Echo Config file issues ghurty 6 4,157 07-08-2018, 07:13 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  ISY994i Device Issues bigdude 8 4,150 05-22-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bigdude
  Redid server, issues with Nest and Elk ghurty 6 3,049 05-16-2018, 05:15 PM