Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Triggers
I am having a problem with setting triggers on CDTimer fields.  The edit trigger box allows me to "Send a trigger if ... " with expression "Equals" 0, which should give one trigger at the end of the period.  However, if I save this trigger and then re-open it again, the expression changes to "Not Equal" 0 so I never get an end trigger.  As a work around I can set triggers on any value change, but this means a lot of trigger activity as I have 20 odd timers to turn off different lights.

I am still on 5.0.9 so this may have been fixed.

PJG
Let me look at it. That's GUI stuff so it may be something that happened during the transition to the new GUI, and just no one has caught it yet.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
OK, that is a goober from the 5.x transition as expected. It was adding 1 too many to the incoming value to create the desired index into the combo box. So it would creep up every time you edited it. The actual correct value is being stored, so for the moment if you set it to equal and save it, it should be saved correctly. The error is in the loading of the data back up into the dialog for editing.

It'll be fixed in the next drop.
Dean Roddey
This is actually a much bigger problem.  I have found today that a number of the processes in my house that rely on event triggers no longer work.  I cannot get my cinema to start, the lights don't switch off automatically and the scheduled irrigation zones just carry on watering as the timer does not turn them off.

I tried re-booting the CQC server, no change.  Then I tried re-installing 5.0.9 on the master server, again no change.  The log monitor is showing  an error message every 2 minutes  CQCEvent Server, Line 339, "Waiting to load event configuration information.." Something has obviously gone badly wrong with the Event Server, but as far as I know, I have changed nothing nor installed any new software on the master software for several weeks. I have attached a dump of the log.  What could be happening?

PJG

Attached Files
.txt   CIDLog.Txt (Size: 14.91 KB / Downloads: 2)
Is your lat/long info correctly set? Under /Config/Location check and make sure it's set and save the changes. Given what the logs are showing, the even server is never getting to the point of even trying to load the event data, it's failing on something more fundamental, and that's one of the few things it could be.

I can put some more debugging stuff into place to help us figure this out if need be.
Dean Roddey
I added a new statistic to the event server that shows its current state, so that we can track where it's at in the startup process specifically.
Dean Roddey
The Lat/Long was correct, no change from previous value.

Is the trace code in 5.0.21 along with the trigger editor fix?  I am out today , but will load this version this evening.

PJG
Yeh, both are in 921.
Dean Roddey
Well things have changed, but not I think for the better.  I have gone through the installation process of 5.921 on the master server and my other clients.  The server throws C++ exceptions and unrecoverable error messages in a regular 10sec loop.  See the log file.

PJG

Attached Files
.txt   CIDLog.Txt (Size: 17.17 KB / Downloads: 2)
Go to the Hue Sim thread in the driver dev section. I attached an updated version of that driver to the first post a while back that will take care of that. It's an ambiguous type issue that was caused when a new public nested type was added to the HTTPClient class. It was not caught that this was going to cause some ambiguities in some other code until it was too late to change it. But it only affected a few things and the fix is trivial.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RadioRA2 Triggers gReatAutomation 3 729 03-25-2020, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 834 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Problem with Accesssing Variables Driver Client Interface kblagron 5 1,458 03-05-2020, 02:24 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  More than 4 triggers simplextech 4 1,311 01-09-2020, 10:02 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Triggered Event and Standard Triggers gReatAutomation 5 1,565 08-23-2019, 12:38 PM
  Problem with B&K Driver / Keypad kblagron 9 2,925 03-19-2019, 12:00 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Problem with EventGhost Driver batwater 2 1,179 03-17-2019, 12:42 PM
  Lost Power - Elk connection problem Ron Haley 7 2,598 03-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Ron Haley
  Windows 10 1803 and TTS problem Ishmael 5 2,228 06-13-2018, 12:33 PM
  Triggered event w/ multiple triggers lleo 16 6,033 06-06-2018, 06:21 PM
Last Post: lleo