Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracks Ignored issue
Dean - See the clip below.  The only tracks I can get the tray app to pick up are tracks that I download now.  All previous tracks are ignores.  Of those tracks, only about 60 are secure.  The balance should be picked up without issue.  They all play fine outside of CQC and other programs than Apple pick the tracks up.  I looked at both directory and individual file permissions and all seems to be in order. 

.png   Tracks Ignored.PNG (Size: 20.38 KB / Downloads: 3)
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Generally they are ignored because they are missing information, such as track number or artist. I think that if you turn up debugging on the tray monitor (via the popup menu), and force a reload, it shows you which tracks it's ignoring an why, right?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(04-27-2017, 06:30 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Generally they are ignored because they are missing information, such as track number or artist. I think that if you turn up debugging on the tray monitor (via the popup menu), and force a reload, it shows you which tracks it's ignoring an why, right?

That is probably the issue. I think it may have to do with Apple Cloud. All my music files are local, however when I loaded iTunes on this machine and then transferred the music library, iTunes seemd to have sent all my music to the cloud. The music files are still local, however the XML file thinks that they are not. As I "Download" the files from the iTunes interface, they are appearing. I see that several are ignored due to missing info, but I will deal with that list later.

So I turned the log up to high and maybe it does catch things.  I can not locate the physical log file.  What is it called and where does it save to if it is being saved?  I would expect it to save into the log folder however it does not.

Once I am done with the download process, is there a way to capture the log so that I can isolate and sort it?
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
It's just the output window on the Tray Monitor's iTunes tab.
Dean Roddey
(04-28-2017, 09:26 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: It's just the output window on the Tray Monitor's iTunes tab.

Well that is not helpful at all.  You should offer the option to snap that out to a text file.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
I think that, as with all of those scrolling text windows, you can right click and copy the text.
Dean Roddey
(04-28-2017, 09:44 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I think that, as with all of those scrolling text windows, you can right click and copy the text.

I was able to copy out the log, but it really is sparse with info.  "Ignored due to missing information" does not cut it. 

So, I spun up two different automation systems as a test that both use the XML file as a data source. 

Product one found 2025 tracks and loaded 2015

Product two found 2017 tracks and loaded 2008

TrayMon found 1337 tracks and loaded 671 with 666 Ignored

So, I really want to know why the tracks are being ignored or missed altogether.  What exact info is missing? What are somewhere near 700 tracks not be picked up? 

Remember that each program is looking at the exact same XML file.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Ok so I figured out 666 of my problems - Apparently you are ignoring tracks that do not have a track number associated with them unlike the other programs.  These tracks are simply one off rips of tracks from albums, and thus no track number gets ripped.  As soon as I manually enter "1 of 1" or go look up the album and enter the real track number like "3 of 10", the track immediately imports.  I am going to need to come up with a method of easily fixing this because I am not going to manually enter 600 plus entries. 

Now I need to try to figure out a few of the 700 tracks that are not even being scanned and then see why they are being missed completely with no log entry.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
It needs to order the tracks and make sure that there are no dups, because the track number is part of the cookie that represents the piece of media, i.e. which track within the collection that holds them is represented by that particular cookie. So it's strict about that sort of thing.

I'll take a look at the iTunes tab and see if, where the message is logged, it's possible to know why it was ignored. Or, if not, maybe log it elsewhere where it is.
Dean Roddey
(04-29-2017, 09:09 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: It needs to order the tracks and make sure that there are no dups, because the track number is part of the cookie that represents the piece of media, i.e. which track within the collection that holds them is represented by that particular cookie. So it's strict about that sort of thing.

I'll take a look at the iTunes tab and see if, where the message is logged, it's possible to know why it was ignored. Or, if not, maybe log it elsewhere where it is.

Ok so I tested a meta data correction program (Music Brainz) and loaded and corrected 20 tracks that were not being picked up.  Now they are.  I really do not know why or what changed other than some corrected bits in each.  I am going to let it rip through all of the library tonight and it will probably fix the issue.  

As for the other two programs I was using as a test, they both import all tracks and then process the data and I noticed they add a "1" for track number for all those that are missing.  So that is the key on most of the issues.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6.0.0 Autogen issue Mark Stega 2 659 03-10-2021, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  Was the issue with Lutron Radio RA2 not updating ever fixed? ghurty 3 1,121 12-06-2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Elk Version Support Issue Ron Haley 20 5,418 05-05-2020, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  Troubleshooting Network Issue zra 7 2,057 04-18-2020, 03:32 AM
Last Post: zra
  Slider issue on WebRiva NishanF 4 1,962 07-03-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Post: NishanF
  Admin interface and CML IDE interface issue lleo 5 2,967 01-11-2019, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  WebRIVA password special character issue? batwater 10 5,043 09-30-2018, 02:07 PM
Last Post: batwater
  A big issue with use the Elk M1 and CQC, cant use the IP dialer ghurty 1 1,630 08-05-2018, 08:56 AM
  WebRiva, Android, scaling issue IVB 2 2,127 07-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Last Post: IVB
  WebRIVA disconnect issue dlmorgan999 11 5,686 05-09-2018, 09:38 AM