Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
auto login to CQC
I did read how to setup a Environment variable by using CQC_USERNAME = Admin and CQC_PASSWORD = #####  I couldn't get it to work.  I tried creating separate  and a single variable pointing at the bin directory.  The error I get is username or password is incorrect.  I know the user and pass are type correctly.  Or is it possible to do this in 5.0.7?

thank you
Where did you do the setup? Was it via the control panel? If you did it on a command line, that won't do anything. That will only set them for that command line. You need to go to the Control Panel, then System applet, then advanced system settings (on the left in Windows 10), then Environment Variables. Set them in the System section, not per-user section (unless you know you are going to log in only under the current Windows user when you want to auto-login.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(02-28-2017, 11:44 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Where did you do the setup? Was it via the control panel? If you did it on a command line, that won't do anything. That will only set them for that command line. You need to go to the Control Panel, then System applet, then advanced system settings (on the left in Windows 10), then Environment Variables. Set them in the System section, not per-user section (unless you know you are going to log in only under the current Windows user when you want to auto-login.

Dean

I am doing it through control panel and under system.
(02-28-2017, 11:49 AM)zane Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 11:44 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Where did you do the setup? Was it via the control panel? If you did it on a command line, that won't do anything. That will only set them for that command line. You need to go to the Control Panel, then System applet, then advanced system settings (on the left in Windows 10), then Environment Variables. Set them in the System section, not per-user section (unless you know you are going to log in only under the current Windows user when you want to auto-login.

Dean

I just tried it again with 2 separate variables
CQC_USERNAME = Admin
CQC_PASSWORD = #####
Directory for both pointing to CQC/Bin
They absolutely have to be two separate variables. I'm not sure where the directory is coming into play here? You would not set any directory in the environment. Basically you want to set the names to CQC_USERNAME and CQC_PASSWORD, and the values to your user name and password.
Dean Roddey
(02-28-2017, 11:53 AM)zane Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 11:49 AM)zane Wrote:

Dean

I just tried it again with 2 separate variables
CQC_USERNAME = Admin
CQC_PASSWORD = #####
Directory for both pointing to CQC/Bin

Still got the error of wrong username or password
It definitely works, so you are doing something incorrectly. Do this...

1. Open a CQC Command Prompt
2. Type this: Set CQC > Env.Txt
3. Post the output of that Env.Txt file
Dean Roddey
(02-28-2017, 12:41 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: It definitely works, so you are doing something incorrectly. Do this...

1. Open a CQC Command Prompt
2. Type this: Set CQC > Env.Txt
3. Post the output of that Env.Txt file

Dean

I have attached the ENV.txt file
OK, this is what I was asking above above, wrt the path you mentioned. You have this:

CQC_PASSWORD =C:\Program Files (x86)\CQC\Bin
CQC_USERNAME =C:\Program Files (x86)\CQC\Bin

In other words you have set the environment variables to the CQC path. You want to set them to the actual user name and password you want to log in with. So go back to the environmental variable editing screen and find those entries again. Change the values to the actual user name and password you want to use and then save it and try again.
Dean Roddey
(02-28-2017, 12:59 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: OK, this is what I was asking above above, wrt the path you mentioned.  You have this:

CQC_PASSWORD =C:\Program Files (x86)\CQC\Bin
CQC_USERNAME =C:\Program Files (x86)\CQC\Bin

In other words you have set the environment variables to the CQC path. You want to set them to the actual user name and password you want to log in with. So go back to the environmental variable editing screen and find those entries again. Change the values to the actual user name and password you want to use and then save it and try again.

Dean

I got it working.  thank you mucho

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phone/WebRIVA Login/Security Alternatives? gReatAutomation 14 3,223 01-27-2020, 05:19 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Does the auto-gen template system support Roku? ghurty 3 1,695 12-31-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Auto Generate general question carealtor 4 1,729 11-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Last Post: carealtor
  Can't Login to IV with New User Account Jnetto 10 5,675 10-28-2017, 11:07 AM
  Auto-gen questions IVB 11 6,103 05-15-2017, 11:53 AM
Last Post: IVB
  Resize Auto Gen Template? potts.mike 2 2,530 05-04-2017, 01:23 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Auto Gen Interface Questions DaveB 8 6,398 04-07-2017, 06:26 AM
  HTTP login required for driver znelbok 6 3,520 10-10-2016, 02:20 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  How to modify the AC tile from the auto template to work with the nest driver? ghurty 3 2,389 01-28-2015, 05:03 PM
  Possible to manually add v1 drivers on to a auto generated v2 template? ghurty 1 1,660 01-08-2015, 03:30 PM