Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plex/roku/cqc
Okay, somebody walk me through it like I just woke up from a deep sleep.  I'm trying to figure out how to use CQC to control a Plex/Roku combo.

I can use the room config tool to generate the CAB, and it sees my Plex library just fine.  What I can't figure out how to do is integrate the Roku player.  Is that ability outside the room generator, and I need to override the play commands with Roku specific commands?

Thanks guys,

Russ
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
Don't use the Roku driver. You use the Plex renderer driver and install the Plex client on the Roku.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I have plex on the Roku itself; that's how I've been surfing/playing. So I'm understanding that the plex renderer driver needs to be connected to the Roku IP?
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
No, everything goes to the server so the renderer drivers also connect to the server and do everything indirectly. The driver may only connect when the Plex client is actually running on the Roku. You will be asked for the name of the Plex player, which is how the driver finds the player via the server.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plex Drivers potts.mike 23 13,086 06-19-2017, 06:58 AM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Plex Skill for Alexa Ron Haley 2 2,901 02-28-2017, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Ron Haley
  Roku as media player with CQC media control bryanb 11 7,475 01-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  roku as audio source IVB 2 2,357 01-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Last Post: IVB