Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlight Template page
This may be hard to explain. I built some templates starting with a main template with a toolbar at the top. I followed the video so that when a button is selected (it loads a new overlay) the text changes.

Is there any way to create that same visual change when the overlay is selected, not from the toolbar button, but from an action?
Thanks
George M
For that you would have to replace the toolbar with a scrollable overlay of check boxes. The check boxes can look exactly the same so you can keep the same look.

Since check boxes can use a global variable to drive their true/false state, you can just let the templates themselves (the ones loaded into the overlay) set that global variable. So, no matter how the template gets loaded into the overlay, the variable will get set. Have the main background template create the variable if it isn't already there, to insure it's always available.

Because the buttons are now in separate overlay, you will use the IntfViewer::LoadSiblingOverlay() command to load the templates when the user clicks one of the buttons, since you don't have direct access to the main overlay itself.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
OK, I'll see if I can work through that.
Thanks
George M
Just do a test with a couple variable based check boxes. Each one sets itself true when the variable has its value. And each button only uses the True action to set the variable to its own value. So basically when you press one, it lights up, and the other goes out, and vice versa. The above is just an extension of that basic principle.

I'll try to get a new video done on that.
Dean Roddey
I got the check boxes to work last night, but would love to see a video on your original suggestions.
Thanks
George M
(02-05-2017, 01:40 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: For that you would have to replace the toolbar with a scrollable overlay of check boxes. The check boxes can look exactly the same so you can keep the same look.

Since check boxes can use a global variable to drive their true/false state, you can just let the templates themselves (the ones loaded into the overlay) set that global variable. So, no matter how the template gets loaded into the overlay, the variable will get set. Have the main background template create the variable if it isn't already there, to insure it's always available.

Because the buttons are now in separate overlay, you will use the IntfViewer::LoadSiblingOverlay() command to load the templates when the user clicks one of the buttons, since you don't have direct access to the main overlay itself.

What do I use for the Paramater 1 when I load IntfViewer::LoadSiblingOverlay()?
Thanks
George M
It should be the name you gave to the overlay you want to run, or the widget id to be technical.
Dean Roddey
I thought that  would be Par 2 (Template Name)

My main template is "Main"
The Sib overlay is "Primary"

They both reside in /user/theater/

Can you elaborate further?
Thanks
George M
The first parameter is the target overlay to load into. The second parameter is the template to load into it. So if Primary is the id you gave to the overlay in the main template you want to load, that's what you set in the first parameter. If Par 2 is the name of the template you want to load into it, then that would be the second parameter.

Keep in mind that this is an indirect, viewing time operation. You are targeting an overlay that you cannot see from the template that has the buttons in it. So you are saying, when this template is actually loaded, the overlay it is loaded into will have a sibling overlay that I want to load a template into.
Dean Roddey
The Main overlay is the large full screen overlay.

The Primary (or Sage or DirecTV) overlay is a smaller overlay that is shown on top of the Main overlay.

I tried calling the SibOverlay from a command button on the Main overlay, but I get an error saying that cant be done. Without creating a scrollable overlay of checkboxes, is there any other way so that all the buttons are always available on the Main overlay as the toolbar was? I think I'm a bit in over my head here, but would like to understand it.
Thanks
George M

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Template scaling George M 4 342 10-28-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: George M
  SOLVED: VLC dll Issues with CQC Interface Template Viewer gReatAutomation 3 625 06-17-2019, 06:17 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  template timeouts and LoadOverlay command Shaky 9 1,380 04-29-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Does the auto-gen template system support Roku? ghurty 3 928 12-31-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Hiding Command Buttons on template kfly 5 1,151 12-14-2018, 06:52 PM
  Nice job on the scaling! 1 template for the 1st time! IVB 0 912 07-15-2018, 04:38 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Copied an autogen template for the Elk, but the arm/disarm doesnt work now ghurty 3 1,203 06-03-2018, 05:38 PM
  Docs Link broken - Template Scaling Shaky 3 1,898 03-17-2018, 04:18 PM
  Interface Template editor widget view gone? rbroders 3 1,745 02-03-2018, 07:22 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Template for Elk Secuity George M 16 3,991 01-26-2018, 10:19 AM
Last Post: George M