Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Querying Garade Door w/ Echo
OK, so go back and put another log message in the action, the first command before anything else, something like:

System::LogMsg(Sensor Switch State, 0, This is the west garage door action, Status)

If that shows up, but nothing else, then the only thing I can possibly imagine is that the field read is failing for some reason, so it fails once it tries to read the field, and the rest of the action doesn't end up running. That should in theory cause an error to show up in the logs. But it's also hard to explain why it would work from the Test button.

If you see the above, then just put some other field, doesn't matter, as long as it's a boolean field of some sort and neither the GC-100 nor the ISY. See if that works. If so, it would have to be something related to reading the ISY field, and we can look in that direction.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Added the log message to the first line of the global action:

01/27 22:01:54-Basement, CQCWebSrv, CQCWebSrvWorkerThread2
{
    CQCWebSrvC, CQCWebSrvC_EchoHandler.cpp.809, Status/App Status
    Key=ABCDEF, Intent=CQCQueryIntent, Phrase=west garage door, Value=
}

It looks the same as the last time, the message doesn't show up.
I just cannot see how you could be running that action then. BTW, the above is from the web server itself. This just the raw value that came in. If that's all that's showing up, then the action just cannot be getting run at all, which means it has to be an issue with the mapping of the incoming event to an action. It's not matching anything.

How are you creating the file? If you open a command line, then run it as admin. If you are just right clicking it to edit, don't do that. Run the editor as admin and then open the file.

My best guess is that you have not been changing the actual file, but that Windows has been redirecting your file open to a per-user location outside of the Program Files directory, and therefore some of the content you think is in the file, is not the same file that the web server is seeing.

Another possibility is that you have more than one CQC machine, and the web server is running on another machine from where you are editing the file, so the web server is seeing a different file from what you are.
Dean Roddey
Yeah, I don't get it either.  I have been editing the config file in notepad as an admin.  I know its referencing the correct config file in the correct location because I'm able to run the other actions that I've added.  To me it seems like the problem has to be with the ISY.  Both global actions that I'm running using that driver aren't working and I can see that the voice commands are being picked up correctly by the echo.  This is the current config file located at:

CQC>CQCData>Server>Data>Echo

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

EchoConfig
    MyKey=ABCDEF
EndEchoConfig
RunMap
EndRunMap
SetMap
   Action=\User\Echo\SetMedia
     Volume, Music Volume, Theater Volume
   EndAction
   Action=\User\Echo\Open_CloseNorthGarageDoor
     North Garage Door
     North Garage
   EndAction
Action=\User\Echo\Open_CloseWestGarageDoor
     West Garage Door
     West Garage
   EndAction
EndSetMap
QueryMap
    Action=\User\Echo\WestGarageDoorStatus
 West Garage Door
 West Garage
    EndAction
    Action=\User\Echo\NorthGarageDoorStatus
    North Garage Door
 North Garage
    EndAction

EndQueryMap
The only way the ISY could be an issue is if the driver or field aren't online and so it errors out when it tries to read the field. That or the field name is not correct, which would also cause it not to read the field correctly.

I can't imagine any other way that it could be specific to that driver. If you open the driver monitor tab for the ISY, the fields are all in black and have the right values? If you look at the stats for the driver (right click on the driver in the tree) do you see a high value for lost connections or anything?
Dean Roddey
The driver appears to be working fine, there are 0 lost connections.  I can view the driver as I open and close the garage door and see the sensor status change from false to true so I know that part is working.

Just for comparison sake I inserted the log message command in the global action for the GC-100, since I know its working, and it looks the same as the one for the ISY.

01/27 22:45:40-Basement, CQCWebSrv, CQCWebSrvWorkerThread0
{
    CQCWebSrvC, CQCWebSrvC_EchoHandler.cpp.809, Status/App Status
    Key=ABCDEF, Intent=CQCQueryIntent, Phrase=north garage door, Value=
}
If you run it via the test button, does the logged message show up in the logs?
Dean Roddey
Yes for both of them.
If you put such a log message in one of the actions that are working, does the logged message show up when you invoke that one via the Echo?
Dean Roddey
You should put West Garage Door and West Garage on the same line, comma separated. Both utterances will then return the first of the two. Then you only need to check for one item in the code.

e.g. Action=\User\Echo\Sprinklers
Roses, front Drip, front Soaker Hose
Front Lawn, Front Lawns
Back Lawn, Back Lawns
Azaleas, trellis, Patio Plants
Front Plants
Back Plants
Driveway, Driveway Plants
vegetables, vegetable garden
Circulating Pump, hot water pump,recirculating pump
EndAction
Each utterance returns the first utterance on the line.

Then each line has specific code in the global events;
e.g.
If
System::Equals
P1=%(LVar:CQCActParm_1)
P2=CQCSetOffIntent
P3=No Case

If
System::Equals
P1=%(LVar:CQCActParm_2)
P2=roses
P3=No Case

Devices::FieldWrite
P1=Security.Output190
P2=0
P3=True

-Devices::FieldWrite
P1=Security.Output34
P2=0
P3=True

GlobalVars::SetVariable
P1=GVar:EchoReply
P2=roses now off

End

End
Roses, front Drip, front Soaker Hose all return Roses, which is handled by the code.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon Echo integration rhosch 8 1,765 05-15-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  Echo troubleshooting dlmorgan999 3 916 01-13-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Echo Set-up Woes znelbok 2 1,511 03-24-2019, 05:11 AM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  If starting fresh, what is the best garage door system to go with to work with CQC? ghurty 1 1,727 08-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  With Echo integration is it possible to have a set and a query with the same command? ghurty 9 4,680 07-12-2018, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Echo Config file issues ghurty 6 4,145 07-08-2018, 07:13 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  New Amazon Echo Support Dean Roddey 591 246,867 02-21-2018, 12:56 PM
  Echo setup: Backslash now slash in EchoCfg.TXT IVB 3 2,529 01-13-2018, 05:14 PM
  Alexa/Echo: AWS/Lambda config of myCQCHandler test fails KenC 8 6,478 09-27-2017, 07:55 PM
  Zwave - FIBARO Door/Window Sensor + Temp batwater 5 4,501 03-18-2017, 02:16 PM