Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange problems . . .
Anything I can do to get my system back up and running shor term? I've got company coming over and I'd like to show off.

Greg
You will need to go back to your pre-2.0.4 update, where that reminder driver isn't loaded. I assume you backed up the directory before you upgraded right?

If not, then as along as you only did one install, it will be in the [cqcdata]\SaveInst directory.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I installed the same version several times. Does that count as more than once. I uninstalled and reinstalled to try to make it work. I did copy (not xcopy) the cqc directory after shutting down the service. Is that enough?

Is there a way to dow a fresh reinstall minus the driver? I can recreate those without much trouble. I just don't want to lose my templates.

Greg
If you installed multiple times, then yes, you lost that pre-2.0.4 version. When you say you copied it, did you do subdirectories as well? You ahve to recreate the whole directory tree. If you just did a copy, you might have only copied the couple of files in the top CQC directory.
Dean Roddey
No I got it all, I'm sure of it. Would 2.04 work for me if i reinstalled and added a driver at a time? And I would like to save my templates.

Greg
If you go all of it, then just remove the current directory, put that saved one back, and install 2.0.4 again (I'm assuming you didn't install the reminder driver until after you upgraded, right?) If so, then you'll be back to where you were before the 2.0.4 upgrade.
Dean Roddey
OK. I'll try that.

Greg
It's not working. The backup I have must have been after installing ReminderDB. I tried going with an earlier verions and that didn't work.

Greg
Starting from scratch. This is rough!!

Greg
You can copy your interfaces over. It's not something we encourage people to do, since it cause problems. But, in an emergency, it's doable. So...

1. Re-install 2.0.4 and reload your drivers. Be sure to use the same monikers.
2. Shutdown the service.
3. Copy from [oldcqc]\CQCData\DataServer\Interfaces\* to [cqc]\CQCData\Dataserver\Interfaces
4. Start up the service again.

Open each template in the editor. If it complains about a missing field, then probably you got a moniker wrong. So look at the moniker it's complaing is missing, then close without saving and reinstall that driver with the corrected moniker.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems with relative templates. pjgregory 5 3,545 03-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Timer for bathroom vent acting strange bbrendon 6 4,053 02-19-2013, 07:28 PM
  Itunes Artist Album problems simon 1 2,368 08-14-2007, 12:46 PM