Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange problems . . .
I've been experiencing weirdness on my server. When I start and restart cqc it uses a ton of resources. It seems to be having some sort of connecting issues. CQCNetTest seems to give the correct results what is the next step. Been here before but now forget. My prior problem was due to problem with IIS.

There is no software firewall running.

Greg
When you say resources, do you mean CPU or memory or what?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
CPU. Bouncing between 30%-90% very similar to when I had IIs running before. Maybe something elxe fighting for port 80. Not sure if you remember when I had that going on.

Greg
Before I think it was that IIS and the CQC WS were both on port 80. But that's not very likely in this case becasue the WS won't go whacko in that case anymore.

Look in the task list and see which program specifically is eating up the CPU.
Dean Roddey
It's very hard to track because it is moving so quickly. CPU moving back in forth from 5%-55% every second or so. It appears as though several of the CID & CQC processes reach 15-20% at a time. DataSrv COnfigSrv & webserv are the ones I see the most. It's definitely not just 1 like it's in a cycle.

OK watching more closely there is a CIDConfigSrv at 0 and a second CIDConfigSrv that appears at 15% then dissapears completely. I can tell that it dissapears because services are sorted alphabetically.

Same is happening for CIDLogSrv, CIDNameSrv & CQCDataSrv. I imagine there should only be one instance opening at a time.

Greg
Reboot the system. When it comes back up there should only be one each. Then, stop the service and see if they all stop. If not, then you have some sort of problem that is keeping them from stopping. When you start it back up, you end up with multiple copies and that would cause a problem.

So we need to see what's preventing them from stopping. But rebooting first will get you back to ground zero again, so try that and make sure it's all happy before going further.
Dean Roddey
Reboot the system. When it comes back up there should only be one each.

Did this CQC comes up as it should. 1 instance of each. I give it a few minutes to insure that everything has and then load the app server. I get the message Waiting for CQC...

Then, stop the service and see if they all stop. If not, then you have some sort of problem that is keeping them from stopping. When you start it back up, you end up with multiple copies and that would cause a problem.

I stopped the service which worked fine. I restarted the service and it still worked fine. I'm no longer experiencing the double instances. I'm wondering if I stopped the service before it had completed loading. Maybe that cause the multiple instances thing . . . This time I gave it plenty of time.

Problem is the App Server will not load.

Thanks,

Greg
You mean the App Control Server? Were you using it before? Is it in the Startup folder and auto-starting? If so, it might be giving up before CQC is up enough for it to talk to. If so, try just starting it up manually. If it comes up then, then that's the problem and you can add a /Delay=xx command line parameter to have it wait for up to xx milliseconds before it starts trying to connect.
Dean Roddey
OK I got it to work. I logged off of Windows as Administrator, that's how I normally log on. I then logged on as Greg Hodges. I'm guessing that I unknowingly logged on as Greg Hodges when I installed the upgrade to 2.0. Shouldn't the App Server be able to open no matter who is logged on?

If not, other than reinstalling my server, is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Greg
I'm not sure what you are saying. There shouldn't be anything related to who you are logged in as. Are you saying that if you log off and back in as Administrator again that it won't work? If so, the only thing I can think of is that you have different network settings because when you log on as administrator, you are logging into the local machine, not to the network.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems with relative templates. pjgregory 5 3,539 03-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Timer for bathroom vent acting strange bbrendon 6 4,036 02-19-2013, 07:28 PM
  Itunes Artist Album problems simon 1 2,361 08-14-2007, 12:46 PM