Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos Favourites Query
(01-05-2017, 07:02 PM)MikeW Wrote: That'd be great if you could do that in lieu of modifying the full driver. If you have time to do this I can still send you one of my Sonos Connect units and you can keep for a couple months if that works.

If you want to do that, send me a PM and we can set that up.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
OK, so the really silly thing is, my Sonos DOES support this, I just wasn't seeing it. I just tested it on mine and it's there. So there was never even any real reason to ship that guy. Though at least I can test it on both to make sure that there's no inconsistencies or anything.
Dean Roddey
I have the basic UPnP level code in place to query the favorites and return the info required for a favorites list query. I need to update the ZP driver to support that.
Dean Roddey
UPnP can be so annoying, though in this case it may be Windows UPnP quirk. There's a very nice system of 'eventing' values in UPnP, basically async notifications of changes. You register for them. Since I am querying the list of favorites now, I'm going to keep them around and not read them again unless the list has changed. But Window's UPnP apparently doesn't pass along evented variables for lists. It's not the list itself but the change serial number which you can use to know if it's changed. If that hasn't changed I don't need to read the list again.

And you can't read evented variables because they are explicitly only evented. So I also can't even just go read the value from the device. So I'm down to just reading one item from the list in order to get the latest serial number. If it's changed, then I will read the whole list. Kind of silly but nothing to do for it apparently.
Dean Roddey
OK, you can now query the names of the favorites, which you can later pass back in order to play one.
Dean Roddey
That's cool, nice work.

While you were in there you didn't happen to see a way to trigger that "Like" feature did you? I could really use the ability to R/W that field in CQC
I don't see anything like that. It might be there, but trying to search for something called 'like' is pretty much impossible. Huge numbers of sonos/UPnP threads have the word like in them. So it could be there but just not easy to find. None of this stuff is documented really, you have to just find folks talking about it who have worked it out. And even the forum software of theirs has a 'like' button, and that shows up all over the place in such discussions.
Dean Roddey
(02-25-2017, 08:05 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I don't see anything like that. It might be there, but trying to search for something called 'like' is pretty much impossible. Huge numbers of sonos/UPnP threads have the word like in them. So it could be there but just not easy to find. None of this stuff is documented really, you have to just find folks talking about it who have worked it out. And even the forum software of theirs has a 'like' button, and that shows up all over the place in such discussions.

Dean - Refer to the link below.  In Sonos Speak, it is called Ratings. 

The full page can be viewed here;

http://musicpartners.sonos.com/?q=docs
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SONOS and Grouping gReatAutomation 6 1,089 04-16-2020, 10:49 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Sonos media success simplextech 0 485 01-07-2020, 07:52 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Use TTS with Sonos (not Play:5) IVB 7 3,390 01-20-2018, 10:27 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Another big Sonos update coming Dean Roddey 7 3,425 01-18-2018, 04:45 AM
Last Post: batwater
  Playing Sonos Favourites fails with & symbols in the name NightLight 3 2,947 01-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  sonos and podcasts jkmonroe 6 4,532 05-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Last Post: bbrendon
  Sonos Ron Haley 37 11,930 03-17-2016, 10:18 PM
  Sonos - Again jkmonroe 30 11,887 06-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  How to disable the Sonos transmitters Dean Roddey 1 2,176 10-27-2014, 07:09 AM
Last Post: ControlFreak
  Linking Sonos senddrvcmd to upb link rtarver 5 3,443 08-17-2014, 09:35 PM