Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos Favourites Query
I have used: 

Backdoor Commands
Quote:This driver supports some backdoor commands you can send via QueryDrvText:
ID=ListQuery, Value=PLList

to generate a static list browser for Sonos available playlists but there are some Sonos items that can only be triggered as favourites. Can I query the driver and get the favourite list so I can use the static list browser the same way?
That information is not available via something that is universally supported on all Sonos boxes. So it's not currently supported right now to get that information dynamically. I didn't even realize it was available at all until just a little bit ago, when someone pointed out that it was available on some of them.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Yes, its the only way I can fire my list of likes and other dynamically generated playlists through Sound Cloud.

Thanks
(01-01-2017, 07:33 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: That information is not available via something that is universally supported on all Sonos boxes. So it's not currently supported right now to get that information dynamically. I didn't even realize it was available at all until just a little bit ago, when someone pointed out that it was available on some of them.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but for how I use my Sonos systems CQC integration is a no-go without being able to access the "favorites" list. 95% of the time I'm listening to music streaming services with the Sonos and the way I select the stream is via the favorites list.

I understand that not all Sonos boxes support favorites, but I believe all of them made within the past few years do. I have several Sonos Connect and Play:5 units and they all expose the favorites list.

My offer still stands of sending you a Sonos Connect for you to use to see if the favorites can easily be exposed in CQC. Smile
Which ones don't support favorites?
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
It's not that that they don't support favorites, they do and you can select a favorite via the UPnP interface. It's that they don't make the list queryable via the UPnP interface. Of course there's nothing stopping you from just setting up a list browser with your favorites in them, and just invoke the command based on the one selected.
Dean Roddey
(01-05-2017, 10:33 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: It's not that that they don't support favorites, they do and you can select a favorite via the UPnP interface. It's that they don't make the list queryable via the UPnP interface. Of course there's nothing stopping you from just setting up a list browser with your favorites in them, and just invoke the command based on the one selected.

If you don't want to add the favorites query to the official driver since the older Sonos units don't support the query, would it be possible to create a separate "helper driver" whose only function is to query the favorites list?
It would be easier to do it as a macro for something like that probably. It'll require creating some new UPnP service classes to handle the interfaces that it uses to expose that stuff. I'd need one to test against of course. But, at least if something changed later and I'd be unable to rework it since I wouldn't have it anymore, just that macro would stop working, not the whole Zone Player driver.
Dean Roddey
(01-05-2017, 02:15 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: It would be easier to do it as a macro for something like that probably. It'll require creating some new UPnP service classes to handle the interfaces that it uses to expose that stuff. I'd need one to test against of course. But, at least if something changed later and I'd be unable to rework it since I wouldn't have it anymore, just that macro would stop working, not the whole Zone Player driver.

That'd be great if you could do that in lieu of modifying the full driver. If you have time to do this I can still send you one of my Sonos Connect units and you can keep for a couple months if that works.
On the topic of the Sonos driver could we also expose the Like/Dislike feature? Does anybody know if read/write access would be possible here?

[Image: padYc5ml.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SONOS and Grouping gReatAutomation 6 1,969 04-16-2020, 10:49 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Sonos media success simplextech 0 789 01-07-2020, 07:52 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Use TTS with Sonos (not Play:5) IVB 7 4,118 01-20-2018, 10:27 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Another big Sonos update coming Dean Roddey 7 4,310 01-18-2018, 04:45 AM
Last Post: batwater
  Playing Sonos Favourites fails with & symbols in the name NightLight 3 3,352 01-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  sonos and podcasts jkmonroe 6 5,180 05-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Last Post: bbrendon
  Sonos Ron Haley 37 14,471 03-17-2016, 10:18 PM
  Sonos - Again jkmonroe 30 14,094 06-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  How to disable the Sonos transmitters Dean Roddey 1 2,436 10-27-2014, 07:09 AM
Last Post: ControlFreak
  Linking Sonos senddrvcmd to upb link rtarver 5 3,942 08-17-2014, 09:35 PM