Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RDP for remote UI using IV in iOS
There's nothing in the IV itself that would convert gestures to keystrokes that could be mapped to hot key driven actions or anything. The IV uses the gestures directly, to provide navigation by paging through scrollable content. You would just flick to scroll the content. Depending on what it is you are navigating through, it should either already support the gestures directly or couple probably be converted to do so without too much work. What are we talking about?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
https://youtu.be/qg4URv36kXo

Here is a video demonstrating what I currently have with RIVA. This is what I would like to emulate using IV and not sure how.
What you would have to do is to put them side by side in a template, which you load into the main overlay. Set the overlay to do paged scrolling so it always moves a page. Then you can scroll back and forth by pages. Not quite the same, but similar. There wouldn't be a one gesture way to always get back to the home page, that would have to be a button. But you could easily move back and forth between the individual pages via left/right flick.
Dean Roddey
But, the benefit of this navigation is to eliminate the work needed to get to the button you want as quickly as possible. Paging like that would defeat the purpose. I originally used what you are describing above and it was far more clumsy day to day. Is there anything else we can do to achieve the original effect?
Not really, no. Unless you have a way to generate those hot keys via the local OS somehow, driven by a gesture, and feed them to the active application.
Dean Roddey
Is there any way we could option to use scrolling gestures or trigger an action instead? IV is detecting the gesture for scrolling no?
It could be done, but that's not something I can just whip out. Anything involving gestures is tricky, and it would require new configuration options (and somewhere to do them and store them, since the IV currently has none.) So it would have to be something scheduled for some future version.
Dean Roddey
That is fantastic news. Please schedule this. I would love to use this method on other touch screens as well for consistency between interfaces. If it could be done at the overlay level would be ideal so both methods could be used depending on the needs of the overlay.

I am completely happy with RDP mobile IV. With gestures working the transition will be seamless and no more RIVA. There is a slight loss in speed of connecting using RDP but totally reasonable. I honestly didn't think it would work as well as it did. I have a friend who is an Android fan looking to try and sort out a similar app for the other side.

Keep me posted on where this feature might fit in the schedule. I'm going to limp along with my old phone until this can be added.

Thank you very much Dean!
So it looks like my work phone is getting upgraded to a 7. I checked your recommendation in the App Store and it looks like either I'm looking at the wrong one or they have dropped their price. It is Remotix RDP Kiosk that you are using right? I see it at $39.99 now. With it, your process is just to tab the rdp logo and it automatically loads the IV? What would the speed difference be between it and the current IOS CQC app?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TTS and remote clients or speakers simplextech 10 3,475 02-01-2020, 07:58 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Adding RF remote to CQC avtexan 2 2,926 03-30-2017, 02:46 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Harmony Hub and touchscreen remote - $136 refurb at Newegg sic0048 0 1,999 03-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  CML Driver Development - Remote Box? Bugman 20 10,628 04-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Remote audio player Ron Haley 1 2,495 09-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  "Double Clicking" a file on a remote pc potts.mike 3 3,266 08-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  iPad control through Remote Desktop Zanthic 9 6,522 06-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Command to change overlay on a remote IV? robolo 7 4,369 10-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Last Post: robolo
  Interesting new remote from GlideTV CalypsoCowboy 0 1,587 10-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Last Post: CalypsoCowboy
  Remote driver failed to load. roygul 2 1,884 06-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Last Post: roygul