Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zone list in ELKv2 driver
I am starting to play around with the room configuration. For the security section I have an ELK M1 with driver 2.21 (Network v2).

In the client side driver It shows the lights, motion sensors and counters. However it does not show the zones. We don't have to load all of them individually do we? I know that previously it imported all that info. Does it not do that now?

George M
Thanks
George M
The official driver never has supported importing the configuration from the Elk itself. There is one based on the old V1 driver that someone else took and expanded on that did it, but it's not been ported to the official driver yet. So I would assume that the other stuff was already there from a previous installation of the driver and it picked that up? That's the only way I can think of that the V2 driver would have initially got it, assuming you used the same moniker for the V2 driver as you did for that other one. There may have been something different in the zone info in that modified driver that made the official one unable to pick up the old configuration for those or something, so it only got the stuff it could understand. It probably just failed when it hit the zones, but they are the last thing done, so it managed to load up the other stuff I guess.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(12-28-2016, 05:53 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: The official driver never has supported importing the configuration from the Elk itself. There is one based on the old V1 driver that someone else took and expanded on that did it, but it's not been ported to the official driver yet. So I would assume that the other stuff was already there from a previous installation of the driver and it picked that up? That's the only way I can think of that the V2 driver would have initially got it, assuming you used the same moniker for the V2 driver as you did for that other one. There may have been something different in the zone info in that modified driver that made the official one unable to pick up the old configuration for those or something, so it only got the stuff it could understand. It probably just failed when it hit the zones, but they are the last thing done, so it managed to load up the other stuff I guess.

So do we have to add each zone individually?
Thanks
George M
Yeh, you would need to do that. The difference in the format is probably that V2 drivers allow you to indicate for each type of zone whether it should send out standard notifications or not, so as to avoid lots of triggers being sent for zones you don't care to react to in any triggered events.

I had hoped to port that configuration import functionality over to the new V2 driver for 5.0. But 5.0 turned into such a massive life sucker that there wasn't time to do it.

Start out with a few zones and make sure you have things working the way you want them to before you commit to the whole thing.
Dean Roddey
Is it possible to import zone info (etc.) from a text file or something along those lines?
No, not currently. I will get the auto import thing done as soon as I can.
Dean Roddey
Putting them in manually was not as painful as I thought it would be.
Thanks
George M
You would also still want to go through them and indicate which of them you want to send out triggers, since it's not always the case that all of them should and it's a lot of potential overhead if you have, say, a good number of motion sensors, which are constantly being tripped and sending out triggers that aren't being used.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 440 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 510 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  ClickPLC driver now failing after upgrade znelbok 2 950 09-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Pentair driver tom 5 1,892 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 2,018 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,628 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 1,205 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,113 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
  Timers Driver / Field Time Image / Seconds gReatAutomation 1 1,118 03-16-2020, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Problem with Accesssing Variables Driver Client Interface kblagron 5 2,027 03-05-2020, 02:24 PM
Last Post: kblagron