Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drivers for new equipment
Dont know if this is the correct forum or should be in support. Dean can move is needed.

Just completed my sons basement with dedicated home theater. Now it is time to get CQC involved. As I looked at the drivers available, although not surprised, I was disappointed that there aren't drivers for the new equipment. So the question is:
What needs to be done to get drivers for the following?

JVC RS500 Projector
Denon AVR-7200w Receiver
Samsung UBD-K8500 Blu-Ray player

I currently have the Denon 3200 driver installed. It does the basics but not all the functions. Of these the JVC would be the most important to me.

I have been using CQC for many years (somewhere around 10). Although I can build a house from nothing, I am not adept at programing. The current CQC installation is using templates I "borrowed" from other users here.

Thanks
Thanks
George M
There are so many such devices that we couldn't really possibly do drivers for them all. And of course, without having an example available to test against we couldn't do it anyway, so unless we have a user with one it's not likely to be supported for these types of devices. So for stuff like that we have to just take them as they come.

I think that there are some that are not in the docs. I need to get them done, but not worth doing until I start on the conversion of the driver docs to the new HTML format. Nothing for that Denon mode, so one would have to be done. As long as you are willing to stick to V2 compliant functionality I could basically grab one of the most recent ones and do an upgrade of it for a symbolic fee. But it's not going to support all the giant amount of stuff these things support these days. That's a serious job to do that.

There is a JVC-RSn driver. Not sure if that will work for your projector or not? Have you tried that guy?

Is the blu-ray player externally controllable?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
The RS500 is supported by the JVC RSn driver.
Mark Stega
Mark Stega Wrote:The RS500 is supported by the JVC RSn driver.

Thats good to know.
Thanks,

As for the Denon. I just use the basics. Dont even need any Zone 2 or Zone 3.
I'll play with the driver I have loaded and see what is different than my model.
Thanks
George M
Dean needs to find an intern or something that can do mercenary driver work
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
yes. I see that with all these other systems popping up everywhere. There are driver galore included whereas CQC seems to be mostly community based drivers. (yes, I know there are exceptions)

While I have no issues with this, it can cause issues when the author moves on and there is no one left to update "OWN" the driver.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
I just can't see how any company can be doing really high quality, two way drivers that provide access to a good bit of the functionality of the device. There are just too many of them out there, and you have to test them which means you have to have access to the devices in a realistic setup. I just can't see how anyone is doing that.

If it's a simple one way driver, then sure. You just hard code the text or binary bytes required to do one thing, and you have a driver that's basically a remote control. We could do lots of those easily. But they would be of limited utility in a product like CQC where having good two way feedback is so important.

And of course if you do it the latter way then there's no V2 style abstraction that we get so much benefit from as well. Doing good drivers if a lot of work.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Mark Stega Wrote:The RS500 is supported by the JVC RSn driver.

Mark I see that the network version of the JVC RSn driver is V1. Only the serial version is V2. Are there plans to make the network driver V2 also?

Thanks
George M
Thanks
George M
Dean Roddey Wrote:If it's a simple one way driver, then sure. You just hard code the text or binary bytes required to do one thing, and you have a driver that's basically a remote control. We could do lots of those easily. But they would be of limited utility in a product like CQC where having good two way feedback is so important.

In this case, since I am updating everything, including CQC my preference is V2 compliant. However the primary goal for the theater room and the equipment listed above is mainly to replace the remote as the equipment is in a separate room and I want to do global actions. So simple one way commands would work for my instance.

George M
Thanks
George M
I would not ne so sure about that... 2 way is very nice to have, the ability to for example check what source Device A is currently set to is of great value when doing automated stuff...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weather Drivers simplextech 10 3,315 01-05-2020, 10:51 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Using Drivers within CML Macro Jnetto 1 2,508 01-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Non-Shipped Drivers Links Dean Roddey 6 9,333 01-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Wuench's Drivers wuench 3 11,989 06-09-2014, 02:44 PM
  Lighting IP Drivers willplaice 3 4,167 04-27-2013, 02:30 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  Any drivers need to be added/updated for 4.2? Dean Roddey 8 6,108 08-01-2012, 10:01 AM
  Any PTZ Drivers In Existence? zpollock 0 3,396 11-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Last Post: zpollock
  Drivers in Progress Discussion IVB 296 108,316 04-14-2009, 10:08 AM
  CQC Drivers Needed Anyone Interested? Sheggsl 12 10,669 06-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Last Post: jrlewis
  Drivers and Documentation bandy111 27 18,292 08-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Last Post: robertmee