Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with template error
That's good to know.
Another thing you have going on is that, apparently some time in the past, the action editor incorrectly presented the template itself as an action target, if you had given it a widget id. This wasn't ever supposed to be the case, since all commands that might go to the template actually are targeted at the IntfViewer target. They are dynamically mapped at viewing time to either the template itself, or the overlay the template was loaded into.

So you have some 'invoke template action' commands that are targeting the template itself. This shows up as an error in the error list, as it should. And the action editor will try to convert that command to comments because it cannot find the target (since the template isn't a valid command target.)

I'm going to try to put in some code that will run during an upgrade to try to find such errors and fix them.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
OK, I got that fixup in place. I just tested it by force a call to it upon loading the template in the editor. It's the same call that the installer will make. Doing it there in the installer means that everyone doesn't have to pay the price on every load of a template. It can be done once during the upgrade process. That got rid of the errors in the error list and in the action editor. I also run that fixup upon template pack import, so that any old templates that get imported won't bring tainted stuff into the system.

That was a good bit of changes, so I need to bang on this stuff a bit and make sure it's all happy before I post the changes.
Dean Roddey
OK, so more testing and then I realized I'd not bumped the version so I have to rebuild. So I'm going to wait till tomorrow to put up these changes.
Dean Roddey
OK, 5.0.7 should take care of these issues:

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._5_0_7.exe

And a number of other things found along the way.
Dean Roddey
Thanks Dean. I'll check it out in the next night or two and let you know how it goes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SetTimeout and Template gReatAutomation 3 186 03-04-2021, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Template scaling error NishanF 1 470 11-10-2020, 03:21 PM
Last Post: NishanF
  Error Running Installer to Enable SSL gReatAutomation 2 536 10-26-2020, 07:41 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Error trying to edit scheduled events George M 15 1,225 09-27-2020, 09:27 AM
Last Post: George M
  Web Camera: libvlc.dll error simplextech 15 3,824 07-23-2020, 05:22 AM
Last Post: batwater
  REpeating error after reboot znelbok 3 662 07-18-2020, 06:11 PM
  I updated to the latest beta version of CQC, and now getting libvlc.dll error? ghurty 2 679 04-29-2020, 07:06 AM
Last Post: ghurty
  Client side error dialog popping up xlurkr 3 1,070 01-04-2020, 04:01 PM
Last Post: xlurkr
  Log Error George M 1 745 12-11-2019, 01:01 PM
  Template scaling George M 4 1,381 10-28-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: George M