Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Home Integration using Amazon Echo Approach?
I'm wondering if the Amazon Echo integration with CQC could also be used by the Google Home device which uses Google Assistant.

While reading the document "The Amazon Echo with CQC" written Oct 11, 2015 it seemed to me that this approach might work with Google Home as well. I've read that Google bought the company API.AI but I haven't verified this statement yet. I'm assuming Google will continue with the approach developed by API.AI. Their approach also involves intents which are similar to the intents used by Amazon Echo. Intents map to actions which contain pairs of targets and values. If requests can be generated in the same format as expected by the CQC Echo code, could the Echo configuration file also be used to map Google Home intents to CQC actions?

Is the Amazon Echo integration available in version 5.0.1?
We can look at it at some point here. The Echo support is there in 5.x, and also in 4.8.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I've done a little more investigation regarding integrating Google Home with CQC using the Echo configuration file. I created a Java app that sends a HTTP PUT request containing JSON data to the CQC Web Server. The WS is returning the following:

CQCWebSrvC, CQCWebSrvC_EchoHandler.cpp.791, Status/App Status
    Key=ABCDEF, Intent=CQCRunIntent, Phrase=Cable, Value=turnOn
    CQCWebSrvC, CQCWebSrvC_EchoHandler.cpp.926, Status/App Status
    CQC doesn't know how to run 'Cable'. Please try again

My EchCfg.txt file is located in the \CQCData\Server\Data\Echo directory and contains:

Code:
EchoConfig
MyKey=ABCDEF
EndEchoConfig

RunMap
EndRunMap

SetMap
Action=\User\Google_Home\TurnOnCable
Cable, Watch Cable
EndAction
EndSetMap

QueryMap
EndQueryMap

The global action is in the file \CQCData\DataServer\GlobalActs\User\Google_Home\TurnOnCable.CQCGAct

Since I don't have an Echo to command to load the configuration file, I killed the Web Server and let it get started again. Does this cause the configuration file to be loaded?

Do you have any suggestions for trouble shooting this further?
You either used the wrong intent or put the action in the wrong place. Really it's the former. You should use a Set type intent for that. That is a more natural syntax (even though you aren't speaking it necessarily) and that also will make it search in the SetMap, whereas your use of the Run intent makes it search in the RunMap.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Doh! Obvious error. After moving the action to the RunMap the action is now being executed. 

Now it's on to learning how to get Google Assistant to send a command to the CQC Web Server.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hunter Douglas Powerview Integration Bugman 4 229 09-12-2022, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  An Idea - CQC as Front End for Home Assistant znelbok 3 502 04-28-2022, 07:58 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 589 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Amazon AWS Message kblagron 1 563 10-16-2021, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Amazon Echo integration rhosch 8 1,891 05-15-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  Echo troubleshooting dlmorgan999 3 971 01-13-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  WebRiva add to home screen fix NishanF 2 1,292 11-16-2020, 08:54 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  SIP Integration gReatAutomation 2 1,259 02-19-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Reading Text File of Google Calendar Entries kblagron 30 10,750 06-10-2019, 04:31 PM
  Google Calendar and Web Browser kblagron 4 2,039 04-25-2019, 10:10 PM