Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harmony hub templates
The harmony hub driver is awesome and I love being able to start/stop activities but I need to get to the individual commands for each device. Does anyone have a simple template that I could look at and dissect?
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
You mean to dynamically present a list of devices and their commands?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Yes Please.
I don't have one so I can't actually create a working template for you. But basically you would:

1. Create two static list browsers. One would be for devices and the other for commands.
2. Send the backdoor command QueryList/Devices to the driver. It will return a quoted comma list you can just send straight to the device list browser. Do this on load. So it's just basically two action commands to do that.
3. When the user clicks on a device in the list, you will get the item text as a runtime value, which will be the name of the device.
4. Use that to call the backdoor command QueryDevCmds/[devicename], where [devicename] is the runtime value with the selected device text.
5. Then as above, just set that list on the commands browser, so again just a couple commands.
6. Remember the selected device in a global variable for later use.
7. When the user selects a command in the command list, use the stored device name, and the RTV with the command name in it, to pass to InvokeCmd, sending:

SendDevCmd : %(GVar:LastHarmDev), [cmdname]

where [cmdname] is the list browser runtime value with the selected command in it.

So the whole thing would literally only be maybe 10 action commands, leaving aside other stuff you want to do around it.
Dean Roddey
here's an oddball question - since my Harmony setups are static is there a command line tool that would let me export the names and commands as a spreadsheet or xml or text?
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
With Deans help and some searching on the forum I created the attached template.

How would I go about creating a command button with a device command in it?

Attached Files
.cqctmplpack   Harmony Hub Template.CQCTmplPack (Size: 1.36 KB / Downloads: 12)
You would just hard code a device name/command combination in an action kicked off by a command button, basically just step 7 but with two values that you choose ahead of time.
Dean Roddey
(11-16-2016, 05:10 PM)potts.mike Wrote: With Deans help and some searching on the forum I created the attached template.

How would I go about creating a command button with a device command in it?

Are these the Templates that auto fill all the available commands for the Harmony Hub? If so how do I import to my CQC?
If you are on 5.x, use the File -> Tools menu. There's an option in there to import packages.
Dean Roddey
Ok was able to import package, but nothing but a blank template.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a Way to Export Multiple Templates Together? kblagron 1 684 04-23-2020, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Templates from 5.2.10 to 5.3.936 George M 6 1,971 03-24-2019, 04:15 PM
Last Post: George M
  Using Harmony Hub as IR blaster tom 8 3,199 01-01-2019, 06:30 PM
  Power on using Harmony Hub tom 25 9,465 12-13-2017, 04:25 PM
Last Post: tom
  Harmony Hub driver tom 43 22,710 08-17-2017, 09:00 AM
  Mass Deleting templates potts.mike 1 1,984 05-25-2017, 08:18 PM
  Cant find room generator in v5 and looking for v5 templates ghurty 6 4,462 01-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  Harmony Hub Offline? potts.mike 83 37,709 12-28-2016, 02:09 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Harmony "All Off" Command help IVB 7 4,497 07-24-2016, 10:38 AM
  new logitech harmony radios jkmonroe 133 39,363 07-24-2016, 06:37 AM
Last Post: IVB