Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please add Somfy ZRTSI to zwave models
Dean
Please add the Somfy ZRTSI Window blinds controller to the recognized Z-wave units.(see attached)

https://www.somfysystems.com/en-us/about...ogy/z-wave

Thanks
Kevin

Attached Files
.zip   kfly_Somfy_ZRTSI.zip (Size: 336 bytes / Downloads: 2)
That's pretty weird. Z-Wave has supported multi-channel devices for almost a decade now I think, but all these manufacturers still just bend over backwards to not support it and do silly stuff like this one, which is to have 16 separate devices in one basically. So you have to add it (up to) 16 times and it becomes up to 16 different devices. Well, 17 since the base has to be added first. That also means I have to have 16 different device info files since each one has a different manufacturer id.

So it looks like each of the virtual devices is basically a muliti-level controller and the value you set it to controls the blinds position? You could play with it a bit and manually set one of the virtual channels to a generic, one way dimmer type and see if setting the dimmer level moves the blinds.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(09-02-2019, 07:08 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: That's pretty weird. Z-Wave has supported multi-channel devices for almost a decade now I think, but all these manufacturers still just bend over backwards to not support it and do silly stuff like this one, which is to have 16 separate devices in one basically. So you have to add it (up to) 16 times and it becomes up to 16 different devices. Well, 17 since the base has to be added first. That also means I have to have 16 different device info files since each one has a different manufacturer id.

So it looks like each of the virtual devices is basically a muliti-level controller and the value you set it to controls the blinds position? You could play with it a bit and manually set one of the virtual channels to a generic, one way dimmer type and see if setting the dimmer level moves the blinds.

Here are my current two (virtual Z-wave devices the Somfy controller made).

Living room:
Name: Unit_48
Id: 72
Listener: True
Freq Listener: False
Man Ids: 47 5A52 5401

Classes:
    SceneActConf (1)
    ManSpec (2)
    MLSwitch (3)
    Basic (1)
    BinSwitch (1)
    SceneAct (1)
    Version (1)

Dining room:

Name: Unit_49
Id: 73
Listener: True
Freq Listener: False
Man Ids: 47 5A52 5402

Classes:
    SceneActConf (1)
    ManSpec (2)
    MLSwitch (3)
    Basic (1)
    BinSwitch (1)
    SceneAct (1)
    Version (1)
(09-02-2019, 07:08 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: That's pretty weird. Z-Wave has supported multi-channel devices for almost a decade now I think, but all these manufacturers still just bend over backwards to not support it and do silly stuff like this one, which is to have 16 separate devices in one basically. So you have to add it (up to) 16 times and it becomes up to 16 different devices. Well, 17 since the base has to be added first. That also means I have to have 16 different device info files since each one has a different manufacturer id.

Generic Two Way Dimmer seems to work just fine. Can use for now but would be nice for CQC to recognize the model.(for the next person).
Thanks again
Kevin
Yeh, just making sure that is what they are basically doing, so that I can set up the device info file correctly. I can use the C++ dimmer unit handler for them.
Dean Roddey
I've initially added those two first channels. Let's see if they work in the next drop before I do all the other ones. This thing also supports BinSwitch (off/on.) I wonder if that is to control manual start/stop or something? I'll enable it. If it doesn't appear to do anything, we can remove it again.
Dean Roddey
(09-03-2019, 08:42 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I've initially added those two first channels. Let's see if they work in the next drop before I do all the other ones. This thing also supports BinSwitch (off/on.) I wonder if that is to control manual start/stop or something? I'll enable it. If it doesn't appear to do anything, we can remove it again.

OK Did a rescan and it recognized the Somfy ZRTSI zwave controller.
The "Blinds_Startstop" controls the open/close...   So True is blinds open and False is blinds closed.

Not sure what the "Blinds_Position" is as it is all ????.  just a FYI
Works great.
Thanks again
Kevin

[Image: 9ujGNcn.jpg]
It doesn't look right though. Did you previously set it up as a generic? If so, I think it's still using that. Do a force rescan on it and see if it doesn't pick up better stuff. I don't think it should be showing up as a dimmer and light switch. Or first just see what type it's reporting in the client. If it shows up as a the right type, then I must have forgotten to update the semantic types to something else.
Dean Roddey
(11-08-2019, 01:13 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: It doesn't look right though. Did you previously set it up as a generic? If so, I think it's still using that. Do a force rescan on it and see if it doesn't pick up better stuff. I don't think it should be showing up as a dimmer and light switch. Or first just see what type it's reporting in the client. If it shows up as a the right type, then I must have forgotten to update the semantic types to something else.

The Driver Client shows this. So looked like it was all correct. 
Not sure why the Driver says Light Switch. Yes it was setup as a dimmer before and I just did a "Rescan Unit". Anything else I should try?

[Image: FUor0M8.jpg]
That was just an oversight on my part. I'll change that.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zwave lock battery level indicator on Field Checkbox kfly 4 313 09-07-2019, 05:34 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Write Failed / ZWave gReatAutomation 8 369 09-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Clear out all previous ZWave info gReatAutomation 3 252 08-01-2019, 02:00 PM
  ZWave Issues / Aeotec gReatAutomation 16 822 07-26-2019, 06:21 PM
  Zwave / Remove unused devices? gReatAutomation 2 202 07-25-2019, 02:27 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Available Makes and Models gReatAutomation 7 370 07-15-2019, 04:19 PM
  Somfy RTS Driver jokermac 4 609 05-29-2019, 10:16 AM
  Going from Zwave to Lutron, worth it and what to do about the lock? ghurty 6 951 12-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Last Post: dogman
  Lutron Caseta & Zwave Issues dangerlong 191 39,635 12-19-2018, 06:40 PM
Last Post: tom
  How to update the new zwave stick/driver? ghurty 5 1,125 11-22-2018, 06:56 PM