Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"AI" capabilities in CQC
I couldn't help it but to give it such a subject line to this thread, although I get the shivers every time I hear or say "AI"
But along came this idea, about what if CQC had some kind of usage/log data collection built in, and there would be some functionality to act on the accumulated data?

On my end, where I cater to my "user" base, and I learned that I never can hit everyone's needs. One would like the UI to start directly with light controls, another with weather, and so on...
I am thinking of a functionality, where for example the main menu order would be driven by the number times each element have been accessed on a client-level. The same concept could also be applied to some lists of widgets as well. And then extended to factor in time of the day and other aspects as well in the decision algorithm to create lists or orders.

Ultimately this can evolve to also support actions or other decisions CQC can be programmed to be making.

The concepts sounds intriguing to me since CQC would keep all of this data local, no need to rely on cloud, at least I have no a single device that needs access to cloud. And would create a new evolutionary direction for CQC capabilities.

I thought it through to get done some of this functionality myself, but to create a event monitor to capture certain events within a client and than store that info in some backend, and than build the functionality into the client itself sounded too much.
Personally I find the event monitor a bit cumbersome for some basic functionality, would love the option to simply tick a box for CQC to automagically store the values of a field over time at an customizable frequency.

So what you all think?

Messages In This Thread
"AI" capabilities in CQC - by lleo - 10-24-2019, 07:04 PM