Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a driver out there for the Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat?
Any new info on this Thermostat, I am using it in my house. Would be nice to integrate with my CQC setup.
(12-17-2017, 06:00 AM)tom Wrote: Any new info on this Thermostat, I am using it in my house. Would be nice to integrate with my CQC setup.

+1
These Honeywell Wi-Fi Thermostats are great. Much higher end and more reliable than my old Z-wave thermostats. looks like they use the "Total Comfort API" so should be easy to create a driver.

Samples for reference:
https://github.com/lgkahn/honeywelltotal...omfort.txt

and
https://github.com/ethomasii/honeywell-s...ell.groovy

Here is a good forum desiccation on how to interface with them
What are the best options for wifi thermostats for CQC. Currently I control everything with CQC and Elk, but have a location I can't hard wire to the elk so looking for a CQC solution. Not interested in a "smart" thermostat Smile
We have the Venstar ones, which are IP based and all local.

If someone wants to expose one of the Honeywells I could look at doing a driver for those as well, but the Venstar ones already are there.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Whats the status on ecobees?
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
There is a third party driver currently. There again, if someone would open one up to me, I could update that and make a V2 compatible version of it, as long as the protocol docs are available.
Dean Roddey
(12-19-2017, 04:06 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: We have the Venstar ones, which are IP based and all local.

If someone wants to expose one of the Honeywells I could look at doing a driver for those as well, but the Venstar ones already are there.

Dean, 
Through stupidity on my part(ebay bidding on 2 items and forgot) I have an extra Honeywell Wifi Thermostat.
https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-TH9320W...0166QE9QC/

If you want it you can have it.
If you don't replace one of your home Thermostats(that are powered)  you will need a 24V AC power supply to run stand alone.
They use that stupid OAuth scheme. As best I can tell it is completely oriented towards phone applications, and there's no practical way for us to use it. The same came up with a Carrier HVAC system.

It assumes you are running some cloud based phone application. You go to a URL on the product vendor's site, with an id that indentifies which 'app' you are authorizing. That 'app' has to provide a URL to some server that the product vendor's server will call with information once you approve that app's access to your product. That server then has to use to complete the authorization process, which presumably it stores in your 'account' on that server for later use when your phone application connects to it (and to make it as convenient as possible for hackers to get the info required to access your stuff.)

We don't have any such thing, so we have no way to use their authorization scheme. And it requires that we register our 'app' as well, which doesn't exist because there is no app.

It's so stupid. I don't know why so many people use it. So, anyway, no, we can't do a driver for that since we can't do the authorization scheme because it's completely hostile to automation systems.

Nest uses a variation on this that doesn't require the redirect URL, so we can use that one. In the first step, instead of redirecting you, they just show you a PIN number. You can then provide that to your automation system or app or whatever, and it can complete the process to get the required authorization info. That's actually safer and far more sane to me, and I don't know why people don't use it.
Dean Roddey
I sent them a whiny request to at least support the alternative scheme, else we could only recommend our customers look elsewhere.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 512 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 571 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  920 Beta Bug - Lutron Thermostat gReatAutomation 5 997 02-12-2021, 06:13 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  ClickPLC driver now failing after upgrade znelbok 2 996 09-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Pentair driver tom 5 1,988 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 2,086 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,679 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 1,242 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,293 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
  Timers Driver / Field Time Image / Seconds gReatAutomation 1 1,154 03-16-2020, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey