Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZoomPlayer navigation keys and TCP commands
I use ZoomPlayer as my media player and it is working well under CQC control.

I would like to use the ZoomPlayer fullscreen Navigation interface, but I need to send Up, Down, Left, Right, Enter navigation commands. These are different than the Up, Down, Left, Right, Enter that CQC sends for tansport control.

For example, nvLeft is different than fnDVDMenuLeft, according to this page: http://inmatrix.com/zplayer/highlights/z...ions.shtml

Also, Zoom Player has many commands available over the TCP control interface that are not supported in CQC. How can I access those commands? Most are available as keyboard shortcut keys, so if I could send keystrokes that would work, but I'm not sure how to do that, either.

According to the TCP API http://forum.inmatrix.com/index.php?showtopic=7051, there are four TCP commands (5100, 5110, 5120, and 5130) used to send a function name and a value. Can these be added to the ZoomPlayer driver? If not, can I send TCP commands directly somehow?

Thanks
You can send keystrokes to Zoomplayer using a little program called autohotkey and use CQC Execute APP to run the script file you write. It's a little bit of a kludge but doe work.

http://www.autohotkey.com/

or

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml

Example AutoIt Script to send UpArrow

Send("{UP}")

You can get more advanced but this will send the up arrow to the top most window that has focus.

You would save this file such as Zoom_Up and make a button that would have CQC run this script when pressed.

This will check if zoomplayer is running and open before sending the command.

If WinActive("ZOOMPLAYER") Then
Send("{UP}")
EndIf

John
The Zoom Player driver is unfortunately a C++ driver, so I'd have to update it and I don't have time right now. It could actually be converted to CML these days, but back when it was written that wasn't possible. It really should be so that others could provide improvements.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I played with autohotkey in the past, and it's not really the right solution for controlling the navigation, so I ended up creating a new CML driver. It connects to ZoomPlayer and has the navigation functions I needed, as well as a general purpose field to allow any of the additional commands they support to be sent. Works like a champ, so far.

Note that I now have TWO drivers connected simultaneously to Zoom Player; mine, plus the standard CQC driver. Anyone see problems with this?

I hope not, since I finally have my RTI remote sending serial messages to a custom CML serial driver, which then triggers a macro to translate them (based on system status) into the appropriate driver commands. :-)

Gary
As long as they don't conflict I guess you are OK. I don't know how Zoom will respond if it gets two simultaneous commands from them. I'll try to get a minute to add the extra commands to the driver when I can.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
gfredricks Wrote:I played with autohotkey in the past, and it's not really the right solution for controlling the navigation, so I ended up creating a new CML driver. It connects to ZoomPlayer and has the navigation functions I needed, as well as a general purpose field to allow any of the additional commands they support to be sent. Works like a champ, so far.

Note that I now have TWO drivers connected simultaneously to Zoom Player; mine, plus the standard CQC driver. Anyone see problems with this?

I hope not, since I finally have my RTI remote sending serial messages to a custom CML serial driver, which then triggers a macro to translate them (based on system status) into the appropriate driver commands. :-)

Gary

Good deal. I use Zoomplayer too and it works great. My server is being rebuilt at the moment building a 20 drive hotswap server because Blu-Ray takes up so much room. I would like to give your driver a whirl if you are sharing, once I am back up again.

John

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Configure Elk Function Keys kblagron 2 1,422 12-29-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Can't Find a Couple of Documented Action Commands kblagron 7 3,921 10-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Additional HTTP REST commands requested greymatter 3 2,887 08-25-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  OnFlick - swipe or flick navigation on a touch screen. NightLight 2 2,292 08-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Last Post: zra
  How To Use Backdoor Commands From Admin Interface MikeW 1 1,800 12-11-2016, 02:12 AM
  Hot Keys zra 9 4,397 11-28-2016, 07:24 PM
Last Post: zra
  Will a timer in a IF statement effect commands after the End? ghurty 3 2,361 01-23-2015, 10:17 AM
  Single button, Multiple images & commands? M4T VW 6 3,762 10-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Last Post: M4T VW
  Polk XM receiver commands DaveB 5 1,637 01-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Receiving IR commands with CQC Mark Stega 7 3,122 11-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Last Post: LesAuber