Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
New Amazon Echo Support - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CQC Support (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Amazon Echo Support (/showthread.php?tid=9423)

New Amazon Echo Support - kblagron - 08-02-2015

If anyone has some examples of Global Actions and the echocfg.txt file that would be helpful. I have everything setup now, but having not used Global Actions on my system before, an example would be great.

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 08-02-2015

They are no different from any other action. It's just that, instead of being embedded inside something (button, triggered event, etc...) they are just standalone. One common use is to break out common functionality and call them from other actions so as to avoid duplication of the same action commands over and over. Actually that's probably their most common and intended use. But, in cases like this, where we need some way to associate an action an incoming voice event, they are also convenient since they are just standalone actions that can be invoked by their name.

New Amazon Echo Support - kblagron - 08-02-2015

In your instructions at the first of this thread, you said you could do this:

Code:
Alexa, what is the Current Temperature
Alexa, is the Washer Running

Would you not need to say your control word? Like "Alexa, ask Control what is the Current Temperature"

New Amazon Echo Support - Bugman - 08-02-2015

kblagron Wrote:In your instructions at the first of this thread, you said you could do this:

Code:

Would you not need to say your control word? Like "Alexa, ask Control what is the Current Temperature"

You would need to run a macro for those which would be Set and Query. Run can do a Global Action

kblagron Wrote:If anyone has some examples of Global Actions and the echocfg.txt file that would be helpful. I have everything setup now, but having not used Global Actions on my system before, an example would be great.

Just head to the Admin interface and under admin choose Global Actions. Name the Global Action in File Name and hit select (example below is named "Sprinkler"). That takes you to a typical action panel. Just chose a field to write to for testing purposes (Amp on e.g.). Save and there you have a global action.

Your config file for a test would be something like this. Make sure the MyKey when you set up the skill is the same here. Also watch the path for the Global Action. Here is under the default location.

Also say Alexa tell "invocation name" to run load echo configuration.

EchoConfig
MyKey=ABCDEF
EndEchoConfig

RunMap
Action=\User\Sprinkler
Sprinklers
Lawn Sprinklers
EndAction
EndRunMap

To run this say "Alex have "invocation name" run Sprinklers". The RunMap above lets you use other words such as Lawn Sprinklers as a variant. Can't remember everything....nice to have options. Of course this would only turn it on or off depending on what fieldwrite (on or off) you used. In my case I made two of these. Sprinkler On and Sprinkler Off. Small steps, Ellie, small steps.

New Amazon Echo Support - George M - 08-02-2015

Dean,
Is there any protocol for multiple run commands in the config file, i.e. have multiple action commands under the Run Map, or do we use multiple Run Maps?

George M Wrote:Dean,
Is there any protocol for multiple run commands in the config file, i.e. have multiple action commands under the Run Map, or do we use multiple Run Maps?

Multiple actions are fine. Just stack them back to back. I think it's single RunMaps, but Dean needs to confirm. I know this works.

This is what I have and it works fine.

RunMap
Action=\User\Echo\Home Theater
Theater
Theatre
Movie
Movies
EndAction

Action=\User\Echo\SprinklerOn
Sprinklers
Sprinkler
EndAction

Action=\User\Upstairs Heat Up
warmer
EndAction

Action=\User\Upstairs Heat Down
Cooler
EndAction

EndRunMap

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 08-02-2015

kblagron Wrote:In your instructions at the first of this thread, you said you could do this:

Code:

Oops, yeh, you are correct. I'll fix that.

New Amazon Echo Support - George M - 08-02-2015

Dean Roddey Wrote:How is it going so far? What are you guys using it for?

Mixed bag here. I'm getting a lot of "CQC Handler for this command failed. Check with your CQC administrator"

Other time the global action will run, but then she says she cannot communicate with the CQC Skill, even though the action ran.

Can't seem to run anything that has to do with Test. I get an error in the logs about Test On already exists somewhere else.

Still trying to sort it all out. Will leave more specifics as I try to rule things out.

New Amazon Echo Support - finish.06 - 08-02-2015

I am stuck... Sad

I cannot get past my first objection ... telling control to run 'bedtime' AKA - set thermostat to 70 degrees. I have my EchoCfg.txt set up as follows:

[HTML]EchoConfig
MyKey=ABCDEF
EndEchoConfig

RunMap
Action=\User\nestBedtime
bedtime
Time for bed
Time to go to sleep
EndAction
EndRunMap

SetMap
EndSetMap

QueryMap
Action=\User\nestCurrentTemp
Current Temperature
Current Temp
EndAction
EndQueryMap[/HTML]

It just keeps telling me she doesn't know how to do that command.