Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
New Amazon Echo Support - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CQC Support (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Amazon Echo Support (/showthread.php?tid=9423)

New Amazon Echo Support - dlmorgan999 - 12-15-2016

The Save button in the bottom left corner of the action editor. And I'll slightly modify what I said earlier - Ctrl-S doesn't seem to save the changes either. Only using the File menu, or closing the tab and getting prompted that there are unsaved changes.

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 12-15-2016

The Save on the action editor is only saving the changes you made there, which isn't the whole global action. It's similar to editing an action in an interface. Just because you saved that action, that doesn't mean the interface itself is changed. The tab contents as a whole have to be saved.

Ctrl-S should definitely save the contents of the active tab. If it's not the active tab it won't get saved unless you use the File menu and do a save all.

The only reason the active tab wouldn't get saved is that it thinks (incorrectly) that there are no changes. But, if that were the case, it wouldn't prompt you to save changes when you close the tab.

Now it's possible that there's some issue with the distribution of hot keys, i.e. you didn't have the focus in the tabbed window so it didn't see the hot key. The save key should really be getting forwarded to the current tab even if it doesn't, but maybe it's not. What version of CQC are you running right now?

Ok - I guess that's just something I have to learn. I need to run right now for a few hours, but to answer your question, I'm running 5.0.7.

I did some more testing on this. I made sure that the correct tab was active (which it would be immediately after I click the Save button on the Action editor) and pressed Ctrl-S. Then I immediately closed the active tab and was prompted that there were unsaved changes.

Is there any way to insert pauses in an EchoReply string? The TTS driver puts them in when it sees a period, but the Echo just reads the literal word "period". I'm trying to compose a message of several sentences, but they all run together.

Ignore my last post. I must have been doing something wrong, but I got it working now.

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 12-15-2016

dlmorgan999 Wrote:I did some more testing on this. I made sure that the correct tab was active (which it would be immediately after I click the Save button on the Action editor) and pressed Ctrl-S. Then I immediately closed the active tab and was prompted that there were unsaved changes.

OK, I'll look at that.

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 12-16-2016

dlmorgan999 Wrote:I did some more testing on this. I made sure that the correct tab was active (which it would be immediately after I click the Save button on the Action editor) and pressed Ctrl-S. Then I immediately closed the active tab and was prompted that there were unsaved changes.

It seems to be working fine for me, and no one else has brought this up. So we need to dig deeper here into what is going on for you. Even if I move the focus over to the browser it still works. And I tried both left and right Ctrl keys and with caps lock on. I'm doing it on a global action since that's what you are reporting issues with.

Is anyone else seeing this?

New Amazon Echo Support - dlmorgan999 - 12-16-2016

I'll try to do some more testing over the weekend to make sure I believe that it's 100% reproducible. I'll let you know what I find.

New Amazon Echo Support - dlmorgan999 - 12-16-2016

I'm working on more actions and I'm getting an unexpected behavior. Here is a snippet of my config file:

Code:
SetMap
    Action=\User\Echo\Lights
        Lights
        Family, Family Lights
    EndAction
EndSetMap
Based on the documentation, I expected the third action parameter to be Family, but in reality, I'm getting the entire name. For example, when I spoke:

Alexa, tell Jarvis to set the family lights to 80

I got this in the log:

Code:
12/16 16:42:39-CQC-MASTER, CQCWebSrv, CQCWebSrvWorkerThread3
{
    CQCWebSrvC, CQCWebSrvC_EchoHandler.cpp.809, Status/App Status
    Key=*****, Intent=CQCSetToIntent, Phrase=family lights, Value=eighty
}
Am I misunderstanding or missing something?