Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
New Amazon Echo Support - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CQC Support (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Amazon Echo Support (/showthread.php?tid=9423)

New Amazon Echo Support - zra - 09-16-2016

Dean,

Check that macro.

I had to switch the return value. True 1 and False 0.

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 09-16-2016

Oops, yeh, the action system considers 0 to be false and non-zero to be true. At the macro level it's whatever the calling and called code agree on, but the macro system has to have some known convention and it uses 0/false and non-zero/true. I'll update the macro to reflect that.

New Amazon Echo Support - jmwhooper - 11-23-2016

Is it possible to get the name/id of the echo device making the request so it can be fixed to a room.

For example, if I use my Dot in the home cinema room it would be nice to say "Alexa, tell Control to pause" instead of "Alexa, tell Control to set home cinema to pause"

But I wouldn't want the dot in the kids room to pause their set top box.

If I had the echo device name I could use that in the global action to determine which room to pause.

Is it possible or is there a different way to do the same thing?

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 11-23-2016

Currently there isn't any way to do that, that I know of anyway.

New Amazon Echo Support - znelbok - 11-23-2016

That request was reported here I think previously and there was a positive response from the echo team.
Hopefully that will be coming soon as it is perfect for the situation that we are in with multiple echo's

Is there a hack that can be done - does each echo have a unique ID that we could leverage somehow within the skill and have that sent back to CQC along with all the other data that is sent back?

New Amazon Echo Support - dlmorgan999 - 12-13-2016

I just jumped on the Echo bandwagon. I didn't realize how inexpensive they had become until I had lunch with a friend today. I ordered two Dots for $80 total.

It's nice to have an automation package that stays up-to-date with new technology. Now it's time to do a deep dive on the CQC documentation to learn how it all works. :-)

New Amazon Echo Support - pjgregory - 12-14-2016

dlmorgan999 Wrote:I just jumped on the Echo bandwagon. I didn't realize how inexpensive they had become until I had lunch with a friend today. I ordered two Dots for $80 total.

It's nice to have an automation package that stays up-to-date with new technology. Now it's time to do a deep dive on the CQC documentation to learn how it all works. :-)

As a simple starting point, you might look at "wuench's" hue simulation driver. It just works out of the box with CQC, although it is limited in the utterances it it will recognise. I use it to control all my house lighting, cinema etc.

If you want more, then use the full CQC driver to code your own requests etc, although this will run as a skill so you always have to say "Alexa ask CQC to turn on Kitchen lights" rather than "Alexa turn on the Kitchen lights".

You pays your money and takes your choice.

PJG

New Amazon Echo Support - Bugman - 12-14-2016

dlmorgan999 Wrote:I just jumped on the Echo bandwagon. I didn't realize how inexpensive they had become until I had lunch with a friend today. I ordered two Dots for $80 total.

Check out my post in the How To section below as well.

New Amazon Echo Support - dlmorgan999 - 12-14-2016

Thanks both of you! Amazon is back-ordered on the Dots right now and I don't expect to get them for about a week. That just means I have plenty of time to read the documentation and various threads (the Hue simulator sounds especially interesting). I've already set up my AWS account so I'm making progress.

I haven't had much time to read threads yet, so if this is already answered I apologize, but has anyone used a cert from Let's Encrypt to secure the connection?

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 12-14-2016

Presumably it would have to be a CA that Amazon recognizes, since the lookup of the certificate will happen on their end.