Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
New Amazon Echo Support - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CQC Support (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Amazon Echo Support (/showthread.php?tid=9423)

New Amazon Echo Support - zra - 09-09-2016

Ok.

I'll look that over again.

One other question.

I got an SSL certificate from StartSSL.

The machine that my master is running on is a windows 2012 and I don't believe I installed IIS on it. CQC uses it's own HTTP Server, correct?

Where do I install the certificate?

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 09-09-2016

Yep. we have our own web server. The setup document shows you were to put the certificates. It would be the same probably for any web server under Windows. Once you install it, run the installer again and set up our web server to use your certificate.

New Amazon Echo Support - zra - 09-10-2016

Dean Roddey Wrote:Yep. we have our own web server. The setup document shows you were to put the certificates. It would be the same probably for any web server under Windows. Once you install it, run the installer again and set up our web server to use your certificate.

Unfortunately there is not one clear way to go about this, so it's difficult to know if I have done it correctly.

On a separate note, Dean.

In appendix B dealing with secure connections the how to part was not completed.

Is there any more insight on this now?

Anyone know this? Wuench, Sendero?

Reference a windows 2012 server(assume it's similar for other windows servers):

I received a SSL for my domain from StartSSL. I used the MMC snapin - Certificates - local computer and imported the certificates and selected to have it automatically go to the appropriate folder.

In none of the folders do I see my domain certificate "home.zrasdomain.com"

Is that normal? Shouldn't it have been placed in one of the folders?

Shared Key - ABCDEF

Is there a limit on the number of characters? Is there a recommendation?

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 09-10-2016

zra Wrote:On a separate note, Dean.

In appendix B dealing with secure connections the how to part was not completed.

Is there any more insight on this now?

Hmm.... I know I did a fairly big document write up of that, but now I can't find it. Let me poke around here a bit...

OK, here is where it is. It's actually in the WebSockets client setup. I need to break that stuff out into a separate document. I'll get all this stuff cleaned up for 5.0.

Some of it about how to get certificates, so skip that part and go to the bit where it's installing them.

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloads/Documents/4_8/WebSockClientGuide_4_8.pdf

zra Wrote:Shared Key - ABCDEF

Is there a limit on the number of characters? Is there a recommendation?

Not really any limit. It doesn't need to be really long to be effective. 32 random characters, digits and punctuation would be way beyond any's desire to try to crack through brute force.

New Amazon Echo Support - EST - 09-11-2016

OK...just got my Echo, read as much as I could in this thread. Having trouble having the Echo itself do its thing.

Read Deans How To..Check
Do the Lambda thing...check
Do the Amazon Development thing...Check
Check Alexa App for Skill...Check
Do the CQC EchoCfg.txt example...Check
Do the Global Action...Check.
Reboot CQC...Check
Alexa Tell CQC to load configuration...Nothing. Either Returned 'Didn't understand Questions' or Made a low soft sound.
In Amazon Development placed the test string from the How To and checked the CQC log file...it was there.

So, it seems everything is connected and talking except I cannot say anything to Alexa and have it respond. Where should I look to trouble shoot? Is it Amazon or CQC possibly the problem?