Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
New Amazon Echo Support - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CQC Support (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Amazon Echo Support (/showthread.php?tid=9423)

New Amazon Echo Support - Deane Johnson - 10-18-2015

So it would seem that one should forget the Hub for anything other than it's original intention.

I wonder if you had an Izy if it could also address those modules completely independant of the Hub.

New Amazon Echo Support - jkmonroe - 10-18-2015

what do you mean?

with Insteon you need to have 1 central control device. It can be the ISY or the Insteon Hub, but not both. so yes, the ISY *is* completely independent of the hub.

New Amazon Echo Support - IVB - 10-18-2015

Dean Roddey Wrote:That's a javascript error, which means something isn't quite right in the Javascript. I don't think it would be possible for them to work if you were getting that error since it would mean that the Javascript failed to run successfully. Unless maybe it happened right at the very end after the reply was sent. But, either way, something isn't quite right with the Javascript and you probably should take another whack at copying it onto the Lambda stuff.

Trying to set it up, I'm having the same issue ({
"errorMessage": "Exception: TypeError: Cannot read property 'application' of undefined"
})

Could it be that my settings for CQC_TarAddr/etc are off, or maybe the content of the sample event? Or is it really a javascript error? I pasted the script twice to no avail.

Here's what I put in the sample event:
{
"key3": "value3",
"key2": "CONFIGURATION",
"key1": "LOAD"
}

New Amazon Echo Support - jkmonroe - 10-19-2015

IVB Wrote:Trying to set it up, I'm having the same issue ({
"errorMessage": "Exception: TypeError: Cannot read property 'application' of undefined"
})

Could it be that my settings for CQC_TarAddr/etc are off, or maybe the content of the sample event? Or is it really a javascript error? I pasted the script twice to no avail.

Here's what I put in the sample event:
{
"key3": "value3",
"key2": "CONFIGURATION",
"key1": "LOAD"
}

taraddr would be your IP, preferably done with some DynDNS service provider. Port will be the port of the web server itself.

what is that sample event? i have nothing that looks like that in my configuration.

New Amazon Echo Support - IVB - 10-19-2015

jkmonroe Wrote:taraddr would be your IP, preferably done with some DynDNS service provider. Port will be the port of the web server itself.

what is that sample event? i have nothing that looks like that in my configuration.

I tried both my DynDNS and external IP.

The sample config is what you need in order to press the test button.

New Amazon Echo Support - NishanF - 10-19-2015

Dean Roddey Wrote:I can't do it. Amazon would have to make a fundamental change in how the Echo works. I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Looks like tighter integration is an option now. There is a new "Connected home" API that opens up the lighting interface to everyone. So you can just say Alexa, turn on the porch light, and skip the invocation name.

Maybe something to tackle next? Just to be clear, this is completely different from the existing skills API.

Here's a post on the alexa forum:

http://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=8580&tstart=0

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 10-19-2015

IVB Wrote:I tried both my DynDNS and external IP.

The sample config is what you need in order to press the test button.

How are you creating the sample content for the test button? It's not just that small amount of info, there's a lot of stuff that goes into that. The best way to create one is to do it from the Skills section's Test button. That way, you just type in something,

Alexa tell Whoever to load configuration

or something like that, and it will generate a message (and display it) and also display the return value, if any. If you think the error is upstream at the Javascript, you can take that left side output (which is a legal message as it would come from the Echo) and go back over tot he Javascript test screen and use it there.

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 10-19-2015

NishanF Wrote:Looks like tighter integration is an option now. There is a new "Connected home" API that opens up the lighting interface to everyone. So you can just say Alexa, turn on the porch light, and skip the invocation name.

Maybe something to tackle next? Just to be clear, this is completely different from the existing skills API.

Here's a post on the alexa forum:

http://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=8580&tstart=0

I don't think it's worth it. It would be completely inconsistent in that you'd only be able to use that for a limited set of things and everything else would still have to be done via the invocation name. If you want that, just use the existing Hue emulator driver, which is essentially the same thing.

It also looks like it's tied even more to the cloud stuff?

New Amazon Echo Support - Deane Johnson - 10-20-2015

Suddenly I can't load the configuration file.

The CQC error message is:

Echo config file error. Expected 'Action OR Macro', at line 30

Here is the configuration file:

EchoConfig
MyKey=Viola
EndEchoConfig

RunMap
Action=\User\Echo\ShadesDown
ShadesDown, Shades Down
EndRunMap

SetMap
Action=\User\Echo\TrackLight
TrackLight, Track Light, Track Lighting, Track Lights
EndAction

Action=\User\Echo\HomeTheater
HomeTheater, Home Theater, TurnOnTheHomeTheater
EndAction

Action=\User\Echo\ShadesDown
ShadesDown, Shades Down, Black out, Run Shades, Blinds, Blackout
EndAction

Action=\User\Echo\ShadesUp
Shades Up, Run Shades, Blinds, Blackout
EndAction

Action=\User\Echo\SetMedia
Volume, Music Volume, Theater Volume
EndAction
EndSetMap

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 10-20-2015

All of the map sections have to be there, whether used or not. You don't have a query map. There's also no EndAction at the end of the action in the RunMap section.