Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
New Amazon Echo Support - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CQC Support (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Amazon Echo Support (/showthread.php?tid=9423)

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 10-12-2015

That's the CQC Web Server telling you that. You are getting to the Web Server, and it just isn't finding the file. So check these things:

1. The file is on the same machine where the web server is running, if you have multiple machines.

2. That the file is really where you think it is, and didn't get redirected. If you don't create the file as an admin, it may not actually put it in the directory you think you put it in (because it's in the program files area.) Open a command prompt window (by right clicking and doing Run as Admin)

Then use the CD command to move down into (assuming you used the standard directory):

C:\Program Files (x86)\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\Echo\

If you do a DIR command you should see the EchoCfg.Txt file in there, and of course it should have that name.

If you don't see it, then, when you are in that directory, type Notepad to run notepad. Go find your other copy and open it, then copy the text over to the new Notepad instance and safe it. Now close notepad and do a Dir command and you should see it there.

If so, then do the load config thing again.

New Amazon Echo Support - Deane Johnson - 10-12-2015

Everything is on the same server which is dedicated to CQC.

I am confident the file is in the right place.

I am more inclined to believe that the problem is that it's saved as a .odt file instead of a .txt file

New Amazon Echo Support - Deane Johnson - 10-12-2015

Would this be a good Echo message to end the evening on?

"SessionSpeechlet - The CQC Echo configuration file has been reloaded"

I got it saved as a txt file instead of odt (open document text). I suspected this was the issue and I believe it was.

I'll figure out what's next to deal with tomorrow. It's time to say good night to Alexa.

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 10-12-2015

Yeh, it worked. So now it's just a matter to set up the handlers you want to have and to create the appropriate global actions.

New Amazon Echo Support - bbrendon - 10-12-2015

I made a video on how to setup echo. Hopefully I didn't miss anything. I stumble through it a bit as I didn't practice for the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH9fpymRBnQ

New Amazon Echo Support - Deane Johnson - 10-13-2015

I'd like to understand the CQC end conceptually before starting on handlers.

Lets use turning a simple lamp on and off as an example.

I assume we would use two Global Actions. One would be to turn the lamp on, the other to turn the lamp off. We would label these Lamp On and Lamp Off.

It would then require two Echo Skills to accomplish turning the lamp on and turning the lamp off.

Is this the correct concept.

New Amazon Echo Support - jkmonroe - 10-13-2015

check page 13 of the document. you can log the parameter and then use IF statements to assign it.

so for on/off, you can use a single global action:

IF CQCActParm_03:ON
then turn on light
IF CQCActParm_03:OFF
then turn off light

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 10-13-2015

bbrendon Wrote:I made a video on how to setup echo. Hopefully I didn't miss anything. I stumble through it a bit as I didn't practice for the video.

https://youtu.be/p3LYQphpqZ8

The other problem is that they seem to change it almost weekly. Every time I come back to it after a week or so, something seems to have changed.

great, so im watching this video and my Echo is going bonkers.

Smile

oh, hey. im getting a crapton of messages in my logs. this just repeats over and over again.

Code:
10/13 12:20:10-mini-vm7, CQCServer, CQCDrv_jk_echoThread13
{
    CQCKit, MEng.System.CQC.Runtime.CQCLogger.143, Status/App Status
    GetTCPMsg: The socket is not currently connected
}
10/13 12:20:11-mini-vm7, CQCServer, CQCDrv_jk_echoThread13
{
    CQCKit, MEng.System.CQC.Runtime.CQCLogger.143, Status/App Status
    GetTCPMsg: The socket is not currently connected
}
10/13 12:20:12-mini-vm7, CQCServer, CQCDrv_jk_echoThread13