Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
New Amazon Echo Support - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CQC Support (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Amazon Echo Support (/showthread.php?tid=9423)

New Amazon Echo Support - Sendero - 10-11-2015

Can I suggest saving the javascript in to a Zip file for download vs having to try and copy paste from the PDF? It would make line spacing & breaks much easier to maintain.

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 10-11-2015

I've already done just that. I'm just finishing up the updated PDF file, which I'll update here in a few minutes. The zip file is here:

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloads/EchoSupport/CQCEcho.Zip

You know, I was just thinking. Amazon already lets you change the trigger word. I.e. it doesn't have to be Alexa, you can change that. If they would just allow you to set a trigger word and indicate it's linked to a skill, then we could avoid the extra verbiage. So, you could say,

CQC, turn off the lights.

It would see CQC, see that that is a trigger word, and that it's dedicated to a particular skill. That's all that would be needed to do everything it can do now, without the extra verbiage.

Even if they weren't willing to support per-skill trigger words, they could allow you to hard code a single skill you want to use, which would work just as well for those folks looking for a dedicated voice control input device for a specific system like CQC.

OK, I've updated the PDF document to include the new Zip file based content and a number of other improvements.

New Amazon Echo Support - bbrendon - 10-11-2015

kblagron Wrote:How much did you increase it? I have this same issue from time to time - the command executes successfully, but it gives that response every once in awhile.
I set mine to 10. I think I have some stuff that runs longer, but I don't think the echo has access to it so 10 should be fine for me.

New Amazon Echo Support - Deane Johnson - 10-12-2015

Unfortunately, after messing with this for about 12 hours Sunday, and more again today, I've concluded it's too complex for a non-programmer to deal with.

There are countless places where things can go wrong, and without the ability to understand the error messages, there's no forward movement possible. I can even get it past the AWS test button stage.

So, it's back to being happy just asking Echo the time and temperature.:-(

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 10-12-2015

As mentioned in the document, you probably won't do the Lambda test thing. In order to do that, you have to provide a test message as it would come from the Echo. If you do any testing it'll more likely be over on the skills side. And, even then, you have to have gotten the CQC set up first.

Dean Roddey Wrote:As mentioned in the document, you probably won't do the Lambda test thing. In order to do that, you have to provide a test message as it would come from the Echo. If you do any testing it'll more likely be over on the skills side. And, even then, you have to have gotten the CQC set up first.
I suspect that after a couple of days away from it, I might get back involved. It really requires free thinking time at each stop.

My frustration is not with a CQC problem, it's the complexity of a system such as Echo working with any foreign device it's not native to, in this case it happens to be CQC.

So, with a bologna sandwich in hand, I decided to try the load configuration procedure.

Alexa..tell Bubba to load configuration.

Response:

Request Identifier: amzn1.echo-api.request.7f78e782-cd41-484c-a377-01b9bf15f8eb The SpeechletResponse must not be null

New Amazon Echo Support - Dean Roddey - 10-12-2015

The issue is with the Javascript almost certainly. Go back through the Javascript setup again. Get the latest PDF file from the first post, which has the most recent updates to hopefully make it clearer. I put up an update last night.