Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
User Action on ZWave Keypad - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Installation/Configuration (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: User Action on ZWave Keypad (/showthread.php?tid=9277)

Pages: 1 2

User Action on ZWave Keypad - jkmonroe - 04-03-2015

So, I tried to get this to work last night to no avail.

What are the appropriate steps to create a user action? I tried to follow some steps that were in bbrendon's UPB thread, but I can't get it to work.

User Action on ZWave Keypad - Dean Roddey - 04-03-2015

You would create a triggered event, and in the filter, you would use the Is User Action For or Is User Action From, depending on what you want to filter for. The latter would trigger on all user actions from the indicated driver. The former will let you trigger on a specific type of user action.

In the Z-Wave driver, which I assume you are doing, for scenes, the values will be the name of the module sending the event, so you would enter the name of the particular module.

Within the action, you can check the specific scene number which will be in the other value. You can check what is being sent by using the CQCEventDump program, to see the raw event info.

Within the event, you can call TrigEvent::GetUserActionVals to get the two user action values, so that you can examine the second value and decide what you want to do. Most likely you'd just check is it scene 1, scene 2, and so forth and only do anything if it's the scene you want. But you could bundle up action commands for more than one scene number in the same event as well.

We really need to add a SceneActivation standard trigger type, which is on the list, and let all V2 drivers send those. That would make this easier. User actions are very generic and they have no strictly defined values.

OK - but how would I assign a trigger to the device? There are no options in the driver, nor do the keypads show up in the field browser.

You don't have to do anything. Standard triggers are sent automatically, though in some cases they can be enabled or disabled on a per-light, sensor, etc... basis. User action ones are also typically just always sent unless there were some reason for it to be optional. For scene triggers in the Z-Wave driver they are always sent.

oh. i must have something configured wrong. ill keep working at it.

Do you see them in the CQCEventDump program? Make sure you are getting them appropriately first. And, though you won't see any fields for them, you should see them in the Z-Wave client side driver and have them set up as the appropriate type.

oooh. i see the data in the EventDump now.

i think i understand what i see in bbrendon's example for UPB. i would use cqsl.dev:jk_zwave, LRKeypad, and the number (1-5) for the data in my case.

yep. that was it - it's working now.

edit: this is slick. if we could just figure out how to read the indicator class, i would put these things everywhere.

OK, question -

if I press button 1, then press button 1 again, i dont get a user action. i have to press a different button, then button 1 again.

i know we talked about this, but i had to delete a lot of my PMs. im not talking about on/off from the same button - i mean i press on, press off, press on again, i still only get a single action. i have to press on, press off, press button 2, then press button 1 on before ill get a second action.