Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Help with IntfViewer::SetTimeout error when starting IV - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CQC Support (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Help with IntfViewer::SetTimeout error when starting IV (/showthread.php?tid=6362)

Pages: 1 2

Help with IntfViewer::SetTimeout error when starting IV - fairview1100 - 01-06-2010

I'm not sure what I did to 'break' my template, but I'm getting the following message when I start the interface viewer:

"The default template could not be opened. If you are a limited user, this means you cannot run this program and it will exit. Else, can just select a new template to view."

Saving the error to a file, this is what it generates:

CQC Error Dialog Dump
--------------------------------------
Time: Wed, Jan 06 21:46:08 2010 -0800
OS Info: 6.1.0 [7600]

Error Dump
01/06 21:42:22-inspiron1, CQCIntfView, MainThread
{
CQCKit, CQCKit_CmdIntf.cpp.3032, Failed/Unknown, Error: 741/0/0
The passed command (SetTimeout) was not recognized by target 'CQSL_DefWidgetId-9'
}

I have the following set in the Template OnLoad event that has been working fine.

IntfViewer::SetTimeout
P1=60
P2=True

If I remove it the error goes away so it seems tied to this. Checking the names, the Template widget itself picked the name CQSL_DefWidgetId-9 when importing.

I can load the template fine, though, after closing the initial dialog box. The timeout works fine. It just doesn't load on the IV startup.

Where can I start investigating to see what's causing the error on the initial IV startup?

Help with IntfViewer::SetTimeout error when starting IV - Dean Roddey - 01-06-2010

The naming of the unnamed widgets on import is a bug. I thought it was fixed and only recently did someone mention again and I'd not noticed. I'll figure out why that's happening.

On the the other one, what CQC version are you on?

Help with IntfViewer::SetTimeout error when starting IV - fairview1100 - 01-07-2010

Naming aside, any idea what I can try to find out why the error is being generated at IV startup/autoload? As far as I know the template has been running fine with the name until this point and just yesterday started having problems.

Help with IntfViewer::SetTimeout error when starting IV - jrlewis - 01-07-2010

I'm on 3.028 and somewhere along the way from the 2.5 betas to now I have had some templates that have gotten "wonky". Template actions that won't work,widgets in the same coordinate space killing the interface if both are visible, and other weird stuff like what you are seeing. This is a template you imported so start fresh and make a new template and then copy all the widgets and code over to it. That has fixed most issues like this I have ran into.

Help with IntfViewer::SetTimeout error when starting IV - fairview1100 - 01-07-2010

jrlewis Wrote:I'm on 3.028 and somewhere along the way from the 2.5 betas to now I have had some templates that have gotten "wonky". Template actions that won't work,widgets in the same coordinate space killing the interface if both are visible, and other weird stuff like what you are seeing. This is a template you imported so start fresh and make a new template and then copy all the widgets and code over to it. That has fixed most issues like this I have ran into.

I imported the template last month (part of jkish's example) and have made lots of changes to it, so I can't just easily redo the original import. Maybe I could try making a template pack export, delete and re-import?

The idea is to start with a clean template. Copying over a template to a fresh one isn't all that difficult. The longest operation would be if there are a lot of template level actions. First try copying over all widgets and if you still get the problems with a given widget try deleting it and creating it new. In you case it sounds like the offending widget is the template itself.

Help with IntfViewer::SetTimeout error when starting IV - sic0048 - 01-07-2010

After copying over all the widgets (which is as simple as selecting them and right clicking "copy" - just like windows), you can also right click on the original template and bring up the action tab. If you "edit" it, you can "Copy All" the commands and then go back to the new template - open the template level action tab and "paste all".

So with a couple copy and paste sequences, you should be able to move everything over to a new template with little to no additional coding on your part.

Even simpler fix it seems...I took the name off the widget, saved the template and restarted the IV. No errors this time. Added a new name, saved again, reloaded and still no errors. I copied the original template to a new one so still have the old one for any future troubleshooting.

Help with IntfViewer::SetTimeout error when starting IV - Dean Roddey - 01-07-2010

Hmmm... I wonder if you managed to get two widgets with the same name?

I have seen that as well. It doesn't complain about the name until you actually open up a widget and go to close it, but I may have never opened the template widget under those conditions.