Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Looking for "action" help for buttons. - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Installation/Configuration (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Looking for "action" help for buttons. (/showthread.php?tid=583)

Looking for "action" help for buttons. - rodaaent - 10-28-2006

I have an overlay set up for the Russound CAV6.6 template to select the source for each zone. I have it set up to "light" the button of the source selected in each zone. (A user here will find this familiar, :-) )On load of the overlay I can set up no source buttons to be lit, but I can't find a way to determine what source is selected when the overlay is called and then "light" the appropriate button. I "light" the buttons by using the Hide/Show command.

In the row of buttons for the six sources I set the source button that is pressed(using a command button widget) to "show" and the other five buttons to "hide".

On load of the overlay I set all 6 buttons to "hide" This is where I think I need something to determine what source is actually active and set the appropriate button to "show".

The Hide/Show button is over a background image for the button so obviously 2 images are needed per button and there are 36 buttons.

This is in version 2.0. Any ideas??

Any other ideas instead of using the Hide/Show command are welcome too.

Thanks,

Rod

Looking for "action" help for buttons. - ellisr63 - 10-28-2006

are you using the checkbox widget?

ellisr63 Wrote:are you using the checkbox widget?

No, I am using the command button widget on top of 2 stacked images. I Show/Hide the top image.

Looking for "action" help for buttons. - IVB - 10-28-2006

fyi, rod: the advice I gave you 2 nights ago was straight up dumb. The checkbox widget is the way to go. Set a true image of lighted, false image of unlighted, set a true value for source=DVD [for the DVD source], set false value to unused.

Much much simpler, gets you down to only 1 widget per source needed.

IVB Wrote:fyi, rod: the advice I gave you 2 nights ago was straight up dumb. The checkbox widget is the way to go. Set a true image of lighted, false image of unlighted, set a true value for source=DVD [for the DVD source], set false value to unused.

Much much simpler, gets you down to only 1 widget per source needed.

When I select a new source(check box) how does the other source(check box) become unselected so the "light" turns off.

Looking for "action" help for buttons. - Dean Roddey - 10-28-2006

You have to set the expression so that the check box is true when the desired source is selected and false when it is not. You then set up the unpressed true image to the image you want to indicate that source is selected and set the false image to one that it indicates it is not.

When the source for a button is selected, that button will go true and the others will go false.

When you press each button, it should be set up to send write its source to the target field.

Looking for "action" help for buttons. - IVB - 10-28-2006

It'll do so automatically as the "true=DVD" no longer applies.

For example, if you set the field on the checkbox widget to C1Z1Source, set true equal to isEqual DVD, and you select something else, then the true comparison is no longer true.

Dean Roddey Wrote:You have to set the expression so that the check box is true when the desired source is selected and false when it is not. You then set up the unpressed true image to the image you want to indicate that source is selected and set the false image to one that it indicates it is not.

When the source for a button is selected, that button will go true and the others will go false.

When you press each button, it should be set up to send write its source to the target field.

Thanks Dean...Sounds like I have some buttons to change. :-)

Looking for "action" help for buttons. - rodaaent - 10-29-2006

IVB Wrote:It'll do so automatically as the "true=DVD" no longer applies.

For example, if you set the field on the checkbox widget to C1Z1Source, set true equal to isEqual DVD, and you select something else, then the true comparison is no longer true.

Well...I had a little trouble figuring out the "Values" tab but it finally clicked. Everything is working great now. Thanks everyone for the help