Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
.Net RIVA Client - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Third Party Development (General) (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: .Net RIVA Client (/showthread.php?tid=5673)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

.Net RIVA Client - IVB - 06-15-2009

i'm trying the desktop client, i got it started yesterday but with the wrong uid so the wrong default template came up; when i changed the uid, it stopped working, even when i set it back.

Obviously massive PBKAC, but where is the question; i tried getting it to work for an hour, to no avail. i'm hoping the issue was that i was trying it sober, i'll have a beer tonight and then try...

.Net RIVA Client - bryanb - 06-15-2009

Mark,

I got the FF client installed on a wireless Q1 using the same network connection/access point that the CF client on the wireless iPaq. The FF client has been running for about 30 minutes without a lost connection or relogin.

What do you suggest next.

Thanks, Bryan

.Net RIVA Client - bryanb - 06-15-2009

The FF client just lost it's connection. It had been connected for about 40 minutes. Right now I have both clients running. ... The CF client just lost it's connection but the FF client did not. Both are back running.

.Net RIVA Client - Mark Stega - 06-16-2009

bryanb Wrote:The FF client just lost it's connection. It had been connected for about 40 minutes. Right now I have both clients running. ... The CF client just lost it's connection but the FF client did not. Both are back running.
I am working on this - No resolution yet...

.Net RIVA Client - bryanb - 06-16-2009

To summarize: I have a Q1 running the FF client and an iPaq running the CF client. Bothh wireless, conected to the same access point. The access point is in the same room as the clients. Yesterday afternoon, with both clients running, the Q1 did 2 reconnects over a 4 hour period. During the same period, the iPaq reconnected every 2 to 3 minutes. What's interesting is that the reconnects occured on even minutes boundaries. Meaning the seconds were always 0 when the reconnect occured. I've attached the CQC log file. Let me know if I can try anything else.

Thanks,

Bryan

bryanb Wrote:To summarize: I have a Q1 running the FF client and an iPaq running the CF client. Bothh wireless, conected to the same access point. The access point is in the same room as the clients. Yesterday afternoon, with both clients running, the Q1 did 2 reconnects over a 4 hour period. During the same period, the iPaq reconnected every 2 to 3 minutes. What's interesting is that the reconnects occured on even minutes boundaries. Meaning the seconds were always 0 when the reconnect occured. I've attached the CQC log file. Let me know if I can try anything else.

Thanks,

Bryan
I'd guess that the seconds being zero means you have a time widget on the displayed template. Nothing else for you to do, the issue is on our end...

No, I got that from the time stamp in the CQC log. See the attached file from the previous post.

bryanb Wrote:No, I got that from the time stamp in the CQC log. See the attached file from the previous post.
I know that it is in the log, but the reason that it is zero is that something is updating on the template causing a request for new images. That is why I suggested that the update was being caused by a time widget that was changing. If there isn't a time widget then something else that yuo are displaying is changing synchronized to the system clock.

Ah, OK. I see what your saying. Yes I do have a time field on the template that was being displayed. Sorry. FYI, the Q1 and the iPaq, while under test were displaying the same template.

Bryan,

Try V1.2B1...