Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
.Net RIVA Client - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Third Party Development (General) (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: .Net RIVA Client (/showthread.php?tid=5673)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

.Net RIVA Client - Mark Stega - 06-05-2009

Quote:CF Viewer:
  1. The screen draws are quite obvious. After pressing a button, I will often see a window through to the next screen before the full redraw occurs. I can live with this. But more annoyingly, is that often I can see draws of the screen as flashes of white sections.
  2. It would be nice to be able to template the login screen (or at least provide an image overlay for it). Makes it look a little shmicker that a bog standard boring login screen each time I wake the PDA up.
  3. Config screen and dialogs don't play nice with 320x240 landscape.
  4. My stylus is very loose in its pocket, and it always slips out onto the floor. Please fix this first.
Desktop Viewer. I know not really a focus, as its really only for debuggin but here are a couple of points to consider. Keep in mind I don't know if they're Win7/64bit specific or not;
  1. Doesn't seem to load defaults from the XML file
  2. If I key in a username/password, it still seems to want to use the ones from the CQC_USERNAME and CQC_PASSWORD environment variables
  3. The screen resolution entered appears to be used for the whole window size, not the IV template size. So if I enter 320,240 for my 320x240 templates, I lose some of the template to the window decorations.
[url=http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=106737][/url]

CF

1 - I haven't been able to optimize the drawing in a fashion that I am happy. The devices tend to be slow so there is a balance between optimizing and overall responsiveness. I'll keep working on it.

2 - It's 'open source', have at it!

3 - I do have a new release with 'orientation aware' dialogs that I will post when there is a need. Or, if you really want a version with this, PM me with an e-mail adress and I'll send it on to you.

4 - Take a blob of epoxy and push it into the stylus holder. Insert stylus & wait 24 hours. I guarantee that the stylus will not be slipping out onto the floor.

FF

1 - It does for me
2 - A bug, but it's not intended for production so I probably won't bother
3 - Just increase the values to fit, it is the whole window size, not the client size, again, not intended for production so I won't be bothering...

.Net RIVA Client - IVB - 06-09-2009

Mark Stega Wrote:It is really worthwhile getting the utility mentioned in the release notes (VXUtil) and making certain you can ping the server that is running the RIVA server before messing about (at all) with the client. And as Dean surmised, escaping the ampersand is all that is needed to use a text field with an ampersand (or any other html character).
I confirmed that I can ping the server via VXUtil, but when I run the RIVA.ClientCF program, I still get the
Quote:Error in logon using defined string - System.Exception: Failed to open VIEW socket at

doesn't actually say where it's opening the socket at, perhaps that's the issue. The log just says
Quote:(11:11:18.367 PM - Error) CONNECTING: ERROR - Null socket
(11:11:24.487 PM - Error) CONNECTING: ERROR - Null socket
(11:11:30.806 PM - Error) CONNECTING: ERROR - Null socket
(11:11:37.930 PM - Error) CONNECTING: ERROR - Null socket

I confirmed that the ports were set right, and that's what I had used during CQC install.

EDIT: I also just added an exception to my WHS firewall for 13516 & 13517 in case that was it, no love.

.Net RIVA Client - Mark Stega - 06-10-2009

IVB,

Can you post your RIVA.NetClientCF.Config file (snag it from the device from the installation directory)?

.Net RIVA Client - IVB - 06-10-2009

I tried a few different things under 'host':
1) my dyndns URL
2) the machine name
3) the IP address

This is when it was plugged into the cradle, and hence 'on my network'.

Quote:<RemoteInterfaceViewerCF>

<Configuration>

<EventLogVerbosity>Low</EventLogVerbosity>

<RIVAS_Host>192.168.1.125</RIVAS_Host>
<RIVAS_ViewPort>13516</RIVAS_ViewPort>
<RIVAS_ImagePort>13517</RIVAS_ImagePort>

<SecurityUserID>Admin</SecurityUserID>
<SecurityPassword>DeanIsCute</SecurityPassword>

<TraceReceive>true</TraceReceive>
<TraceSend>true</TraceSend>

</Configuration>

</RemoteInterfaceViewerCF>

IVB Wrote:I tried a few different things under 'host':
1) my dyndns URL
2) the machine name
3) the IP address

This is when it was plugged into the cradle, and hence 'on my network'.
You'd use your DynDNS URL when you have the phone running on the cellular network (and you need to forward the two ports on your router to the box with the RIVA server).

Just for grins, have you tried running the desktop version of the client (either the .Net version or the C++ version that ships with CQC) to confirm that the server is happy?

haven't tried the desktop one yet, i'll do that tonight.

I did forward the two ports on the box, using dyndns. I've been able to hit the dyndns when plugged into the local network before with no issues, i can try that 'off-network' after i get it working the other ways.

IVB Wrote:haven't tried the desktop one yet, i'll do that tonight.

I did forward the two ports on the box, using dyndns. I've been able to hit the dyndns when plugged into the local network before with no issues, i can try that 'off-network' after i get it working the other ways.

One other thought: You did get an updated license from Dean that supports the RIVA Server right?

hmmm. no idea. Dean - any way to tell?

.Net RIVA Client - sic0048 - 06-10-2009

IVB Wrote:hmmm. no idea. Dean - any way to tell?

I'll take that as a no ;-). Unless you asked Dean for a new license sometime during the last couple of betas, then you don't have it. The beta itself has not required a license renewal, so there was no nag screen to get you to do it. I would assume this relicensing is going to be required in the 3.0 release. Otherwise there are going to be a lot of confused people just like yourself.

got a new license file from Dean, didn't help.

Tried the desktop .Net viewer, got same error.

So, it looks like a server-side problem, not sure what that would be though.