Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
.Net RIVA Client - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Third Party Development (General) (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: .Net RIVA Client (/showthread.php?tid=5673)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

.Net RIVA Client - froop - 08-12-2010

Mark Stega Wrote:It is really a reference implementation of the simple RIVA client more than a piece of production code. Given that Microsoft has discontinued development of the PocketPC/Smartphone base of code (WP7 is a different beast altogether) I'd just note the changes and give them out to otehers as requested.

Ok. So from the sounds of it then, you don't intend on updating it very much (if at all) from hereon in? So it shouldn't be too much effort for me to keep my own version with my mods, and incorporate any minors changes that may make from time to time?

.Net RIVA Client - Mark Stega - 08-13-2010

froop Wrote:Ok. So from the sounds of it then, you don't intend on updating it very much (if at all) from hereon in? So it shouldn't be too much effort for me to keep my own version with my mods, and incorporate any minors changes that may make from time to time?
Correct - I'll post a query if we ever have a reason to do an official update.

.Net RIVA Client - kayemsi - 10-16-2010

Is there a way to have the .Net Riva client "scroll" or shift over to view other parts of an oversized template like the Iphone and Android clients do. I like the idea of the template that is oversized by the area of a navigation section that you could "scroll" over to view and then hide again by shifting back to the default location.

I am guessing there is no way to have .Net (Windows Mobile) recognize swipe or gestures. So I was thinking of a small button with an arrow on the default area that invoked a command to shift over and then maybe an arrow on the nav section to return to default and/or also have any nav buttons that did not change the template also include a last command to shift back.

.Net RIVA Client - Fonceur - 10-16-2010

kayemsi Wrote:So I was thinking of a small button with an arrow on the default area that invoked a command
Why don't you just show a popup, and based on the choice force a reload of the template? I know that the popup won't be able to load a new overlay directly, but there should be an indirect method, like changing a variable/field that is monitored separately or something...

.Net RIVA Client - kayemsi - 10-17-2010

I just thought that all the RiIVA clients (and maybe the IV) should have the ability to support this basic functionality added in the IPhone and Android clients.

Since the Windows client support click and drag (like sliders) then they really just need to ability to "scroll" the base template (up/down and right/left) like most Windows programs ususally do for content outside the current window size.

.Net RIVA Client - Fonceur - 10-17-2010

kayemsi Wrote:I just thought that all the RiIVA clients (and maybe the IV) should have the ability to support this basic functionality added in the IPhone and Android clients.
Right, but a swipe is something natural on a smart phone, where the screen is so small and thus the space at a premium, but not on a typical CQC client...

.Net RIVA Client - kayemsi - 10-17-2010

Fonceur Wrote:Right, but a swipe is something natural on a smart phone, where the screen is so small and thus the space at a premium, but not on a typical CQC client...

But I am talking about my smart phone, Samsung Omnia (WM6) which has less real estate (240x400) than any IPhone or Android phone. Also my Nokia 770 (RDP to an IV) could benefit from being able to shift the template around.

I recognize that Windows does not support native swipe, but scoll bars are certainly part of Windows and other .Net clients I have on my phone (like the browser).

.Net RIVA Client - Fonceur - 10-17-2010

kayemsi Wrote:But I am talking about my smart phone, Samsung Omnia (WM6) which has less real estate (240x400) than any IPhone or Android phone. Also my Nokia 770 (RDP to an IV) could benefit from being able to shift the template around.
Oh I see, that's not what I had in mind, but that makes sense now.

Can't you have that RDP client provide that native swipe on your device? I know that when using VNC on a PC, if the remote desktop can't fit, you get the scroll bars...

.Net RIVA Client - stinggray - 02-06-2012

woodman60 Wrote:Froop
Exactly how do you set the default template set? I upgraded to .51 and did custom with everything installed. When I log in to the remote viewer in the Charmedquark menu list it returns

There is no default templated defined for user 'Admin'

Not sure how to define the template. I am missing something real simple.

I'm having the same issue but when I go to users account there nothing for templates. So I will ask the same question above. Exactly how do you set the default template set? Every time I try to setup RIVA I can't seen to get it to work and give up. Why cant the be an Android app for this instead of using RIVA?

.Net RIVA Client - wuench - 02-06-2012

CQC Admin Interface...Users... Select User... Modify Button....More Button...Default User Drawn Interface