Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Official RIVA thread - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Third Party Development (General) (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Official RIVA thread (/showthread.php?tid=5632)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Official RIVA thread - Dean Roddey - 09-08-2011

I just posted a 4.0.1 version for you guys, which should take care of most of these issues. Let me know if the release notes aren't enough info to make use of the changes. No new license required since it's a revision level upgrade.

Official RIVA thread - brianmount - 09-11-2011

I've now tested the SetSunEv and SetPerEv as well, and they are being rejected as well. I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong. Here's the reject I get back for SetPerEv:

<!DOCTYPE CQCGW:Msg PUBLIC 'urn:charmedquark.com:CQC-GWProtocol.DTD' 'CQCGWProtocol.DTD'>
<CQCGW:Msg>
<CQCGW:ExceptionReply CQCGW:ErrClass="EClass_Protocol" CQCGW:ErrSev="ESev_Failed" CQCGW:File="CQCGWSrv_WorkerThread.cpp" CQCGW:Line="602" CQCGWTonguerocess="CQCGWSrv" CQCGW:Thread="CQCGWSrvWorkerThread3">
CQCGW:SetPerEv is not a known XML Gateway message
</CQCGW:ExceptionReply>
</CQCGW:Msg>

Official RIVA thread - Dean Roddey - 09-11-2011

What version of CQC are you on? That scheduled event management stuff was added to the GWSrv protocol I think in some of the later 4.0 betas.

Wait, there's something wrong here. The server is looking for SetPerEvInfo, SetSunEvInfo, and so forth. But those are not defined in the DTD, so I'm not sure how my sample client is working correctly. Let me look at this. I'm sure I've tested these out, but I can't see how my test client could be sending SetPerEvInfo, when it's not defined in the DTD. It should be rejected. Oy!

In the meantime, try adding 'Info' to the names and see if that works. I don't see why it should but clearly that's what the server is looking for. I'll try to figure out what is wrong here and get it right.

OK, I made a mess of that somehow. Not sure how that made it through the testing. I'll get a new drop up for you here in a little bit after I've made sure it's all working right and done a production build. Sorry about that.

Official RIVA thread - brianmount - 09-11-2011

No problem. There's no hurry; I'm still writing the app anyway. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something dumb on my end.

There's a 4.0.3 that fixes those problems, so go ahead and grab that guy.

Official RIVA thread - brianmount - 09-18-2011

I am now able to edit events; thanks. One question: When I edit a periodic event, I need to send a 100 ns timestamp for when the event should start. I was messing up my timestamp, and the server gave me errors that the time was in the past. I think I have fixed the problem so it doesn't give me an error if I send the current time. But I notice that it gives me the error if I give a time more than three days in the past, but not if I send a time a day or two in the past. I wanted to make sure that's what I should expect, and is not an indication that I still have the time wrong.

Official RIVA thread - Dean Roddey - 09-18-2011

Can you give me the full error info and exact text so that I can look up where that might be getting reported?

Official RIVA thread - brianmount - 09-18-2011

<!DOCTYPE CQCGW:Msg PUBLIC 'urn:charmedquark.com:CQC-GWProtocol.DTD' 'CQCGWProtocol.DTD'>
<CQCGW:Msg>
<CQCGW:ExceptionReply CQCGW:ErrClass="EClass_Protocol" CQCGW:ErrSev="ESev_Failed" CQCGW:File="CQCGWSrv_WorkerActions.cpp" CQCGW:Line="384" CQCGWTonguerocess="CQCGWSrv" CQCGW:Thread="CQCGWSrvWorkerThread0">
The scheduled event start time is in the past
</CQCGW:ExceptionReply>
</CQCGW:Msg>