Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Official RIVA thread - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Third Party Development (General) (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Official RIVA thread (/showthread.php?tid=5632)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Official RIVA thread - Dean Roddey - 08-17-2010

Yeh, it's just a header. None of those generic message guys take any text.

Official RIVA thread - Fonceur - 08-17-2010

Dean Roddey Wrote:Yeh, it's just a header. None of those generic message guys take any text.
OK, good. Wonder why my ping isn't working then... Wink Do I also need to send a StatusReturn like on the image port?

Official RIVA thread - Dean Roddey - 08-17-2010

It should just require sending out the ping. You are sending it to the regular port right, not the image port?

Be sure to give yourself leeway. Send it around 20 seconds or so, don't wait till it's been 30 seconds, since any delay could put you over the limit.

Official RIVA thread - Fonceur - 08-17-2010

I've shortened it to 20 seconds and indeed that seems to have fixed it, thanks.

Official RIVA thread - Fonceur - 08-21-2010

For images from CQCRepo, everything is fine with the resulting ImgStart.

Now for a Media Browser (MyMovies repository), about one third of the .jpg are being rebuilt, the others are returning null. Looking at the byte array, a working image will end with byte -39. For one image that can't be reconstructed, the last valid byte (1459) was a -76 and the rest was padded with 0 up to byte number 4732... It's unclear if the c4ImgBytes was wrong and I just read some null passed the buffer or if the null were indeed added on the server side...

EDIT: OK, the -76 is not significant, as the other files are cutting at different values, and trimming the file to end with the -76 doesn't make a valid image either.

Official RIVA thread - Dean Roddey - 08-21-2010

JPEG is a chunked format and it can have various chunks in it that aren't image data. So you may be seeing something else besides image data in some cases. And in some cases the images may be just be bad, as often much of the metadata is bad.

Dean Roddey Wrote:JPEG is a chunked format and it can have various chunks in it that aren't image data. So you may be seeing something else besides image data in some cases. And in some cases the images may be just be bad, as often much of the metadata is bad.
But the issue is that the .NET client (not a fair comparison since it's just a screenshot) and iRIVA ones are displaying the same template/images just fine...

Official RIVA thread - Dean Roddey - 08-21-2010

How about the standard RIVA client? If it is too, then that would pretty much insure that it would have to be something on your end somehow, though not sure what it might be.

Dean Roddey Wrote:How about the standard RIVA client?
I've asked batwater to try that.

Quote:If it is too, then that would pretty much insure that it would have to be something on your end somehow, though not sure what it might be.
Maybe the java InputStream is interpreting one of the byte as some End Of File or something odd like that.

Official RIVA thread - batwater - 08-21-2010

Okay, what is the "Standard RIVA client" and where do I find it? I have iRIVA, taRIVA, there's .net RIVA (not using) and the IV.

Thanks
-Ben