Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Official RIVA thread - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Third Party Development (General) (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Official RIVA thread (/showthread.php?tid=5632)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Official RIVA thread - Dean Roddey - 05-30-2010

brianmount Wrote:We have a template that contains a PNG file. The original PNG did not define a transparent color, but Rob marked white as transparent in the interface editor. In the editor, the image shows up masked properly, but my program is missing the transparency, and showing a white fill rectangle around the image.

That is to be expected since the masked blit operation isn't supported in the RIVA protocol right now, so you are just getting it as a regular blit. So you are drawing the non-masked version of it.

Quote:What is the effect of setting a transparent color in the interface editor? What sort of file do you wind up sending? Will it use color transparency, or alpha transparency?

Normally you wouldn't do it for a PNG file, since they are alpha transparency based, though you can. What it should do (and will once we do V2 of the protocol) is send you a masked blit command, which will reference the image as usual, but also provide you with a transparency color. You would grab the image from your cache, mask it with the color, and draw the masked version.

The way it normally works is that you create a mask image, which is a monochrome version of the image where every pixel that is not of the color is black and every pixel that is of the color is white. And you create a 'masked off' version of the original. Then you use this with the correct raster op to create a 'hole' in the screen. Then you use another raster op to then blit the masked off image into that hole. This process is pretty documented out there in the internet if you want to look it. If you search for bit blit and color transparency you should find plenty of descriptions. The specific details will depend on the OS API.

I'm thinking that the RIVA clients may want to have the option to store masled versions of images. If you are ever asked to draw an image masked, then you will always be asked to draw it masked, and with the same color. Because the image is put into the repository as a color based transparency image with a particular color.

So, if you ever get a request to do a masked draw of the image, you can probably go ahead and just put the monochrome mask image into the image cache and keep it around, along with the pre-masked original image. Then, when you are asked to draw it masked, you already done all the work and just quickly do the two blits that will blend it into the background. This is what the regular IV does. Each cache entry has the option to hold a mask in addition to the image itself, and a flag that indicates whether it's a masked image or not.

Official RIVA thread - brianmount - 05-31-2010

What is special action 6? It may be called "Clock Blanker" in the interface viewer, since that's what my friend called the button. I only have actions up to 5 defined in my old copy of the cqc.h header file.

Official RIVA thread - Dean Roddey - 05-31-2010

brianmount Wrote:What is special action 6? It may be called "Clock Blanker" in the interface viewer, since that's what my friend called the button. I only have actions up to 5 defined in my old copy of the cqc.h header file.

Yeh, it is the clock blanker, which has gotten ahead of the protocol. I'll get that one into the V2 version.

Official RIVA thread - SamVimes2 - 05-31-2010

Dean,

What is the difference between the 3 other blanker options? I created buttons for him to demo each action but they all seem to do the same thing in the real IV (blank the screen until I click).

Official RIVA thread - Dean Roddey - 05-31-2010

SamVimes2 Wrote:Dean,

What is the difference between the 3 other blanker options? I created buttons for him to demo each action but they all seem to do the same thing in the real IV (blank the screen until I click).

One of them just puts up the blanker window. One puts up the window with the clock, and the other puts up the blanker window but also turns off the monitor (blank and blanker.)

Official RIVA thread - sic0048 - 06-10-2010

Did something change with 3.2.0 that broke the Riva system? I cannot seem to get it working now. I had it working at one time, but haven't tried in a while. I tried setting up a new RIVA client using a iPaq 4155 as well as a desktop RIVA client.

Here is the error I am getting on the desktop client.

[Image: RIVAError.png]

Official RIVA thread - potts.mike - 06-10-2010

I have gotten a couple errors as well. mostly about not being able to find a template but a few others I don't remember. If I try and logon again it always seems to work. Maybe it is related to the new licensing setup.

Official RIVA thread - brianmount - 06-12-2010

SamVimes and I have returned to the problem we see on one user's template, where the first time a button is pressed it does not visually highlight, even though the button press registers with CQC. On subsequent presses, it highlights properly.

As far as I can tell, there is a problem with the CQC server. The first time the button is pressed, I receive an AlphaBlit message with an alpha of 0. When the button is released, another AlphaBlit message with an alpha of 0 is received. On subsequent presses, a DrawBitmap is received, and again the AlphaBlit with alpha of 0 is used to unhighlight the button when it is released.

It looks like the AlphaBlit used to "highlight" the button when it is first pressed is identical to the AlphaBlits used to unhighlight the button when released. So I can't, for instance, detect an alpha of 0 and set it to 255, If I do that, all the buttons look permanently highlighted.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it really looks like the problem is on the server side. I think SamVimes will be able to send a sample template demonstrating this problem if it helps. Or we can send you connection information so you can connect to the sample template with your favorite debugging RIVA client. Thanks.

Official RIVA thread - Dean Roddey - 06-12-2010

brianmount Wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but it really looks like the problem is on the server side. I think SamVimes will be able to send a sample template demonstrating this problem if it helps. Or we can send you connection information so you can connect to the sample template with your favorite debugging RIVA client. Thanks.

Yeh, if you can send me something that reproduces it I can look at it. He sent me one before but it worked fine for me so I coudln't get it to do anything wrong. Maybe this time it'll fail for me also.

Official RIVA thread - SamVimes2 - 06-13-2010

Here's a trimmed down version of the template with just two buttons.