Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 07-03-2009

Well, the errors mean that the port is already used by some other application... One possibility, if using the service mode, would be duplicate entries in the sage.properties and sageclient.properties...

As for the link to the sage forum, it's not properly formed, the "..." part shouldn't have been quoted but the actual link...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - personalt - 07-03-2009

I did see someting in netstat on those ports so I moved from 5008 to 6008, 5009 to 6009 etc...

What is weird though is that now that I moved sage to 6000 ports and restarted nothing is on the old 5000 ports.. Weird but it works now.. thanks..

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 07-16-2009

HELP!

I had a power outage, and when it came back on everything had different IP addresses (adding DHCP reservations now...)

I had to reload several drivers with new IP addresses, and now I can't get SageMediaServer driver to connect! In the logs, it just cycles through the channels over and over.

The sageplayer driver works fine.

What do I need to change??

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 07-17-2009

Sounds like the same issue as before, the network/system is too slow/busy and timing out (comskip seemed to be the offender last time)... Next week I'll look at either making the time out delay an option or internally increase it for the possibly longer operations...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 07-17-2009

Fonceur Wrote:Sounds like the same issue as before, the network/system is too slow/busy and timing out (comskip seemed to be the offender last time)... Next week I'll look at either making the time out delay an option or internally increase it for the possibly longer operations...

Ah, I have ramped up my comskipping - how exactly is that affecting it?

Thanks very much for looking at it, and making any appropriate changes.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 07-20-2009

I disabled comskip monitor, and it didn't seem to help.

I recently added an HDHR to my system. Before that I had only a single tuner - is it possible that something about the multiple channel lineups is throwing the driver off?

Thanks for any advice. Going the weekend without this driver hurt!

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - personalt - 07-20-2009

I did a new sage/cqc install this weekend and saw the same issues as SamVimes2.

I didnt even have comskip running, just sage and cqc.. CPU usage was 1% but the driver kept losing comm resources and then it appeared to re-request maybe the channels and the favs over and over again.

I think the last message it parsed or attempted to parse was ICN.

If have no idea why my delay is long but if you make it configurable it sounds like that might help.

That's exactly my symptoms as well.

I read your posts about the hd homerun on the sage forum. Empirically, seems pretty clear that's the culprit.

Do you have other tuners besides the HDHR?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - personalt - 07-20-2009

I have two different tuners a two tuner HDhomerun and one hdpvr hooked up to directv

Not sure if I can do it tonight but I should be able to back-up my sage.properties and then remove one of the tuners to see if one of the flavors of tuners causes the issue.

In addition I can also kill my favorites, I run with about 80 of them. I can back them up and purge them to see if just one or two makes the problem go away.

I also have an HD-PVR and an HDHR. I just added the HDHR about a week ago. Tonight I removed it (even though mapping all the channels was a b!tch) and the CQC driver connected no problem.

CQC or HDHR...?

EDIT: While I can get the driver to connect if I remove the HDHR, I do not reliably get my recorded shows populating. I hope Fonceur has a chance to look at this soon.