Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 01-07-2013

SomeWhatLost Wrote:Sage is dead, google gobbled them all up over a year ago, there is nothing left, if google was going to do anything with sage that would make us users happy they would of already...
SageTV is the brain behind the Google fiber offer in Kansas city. Not much help for everyone else, but... Wink

Dean Roddey Wrote:Actually it's not modifiable on either of them, so I'm diffused as to how to set up the individual extender driver instances to point to the ports (he has now configured in V7) for the extenders.
I'm pretty sure that during installation of the CQC driver you are able to enter a port that matches what the SageTCPServer plugin is using...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 01-07-2013

Fonceur Wrote:I'm pretty sure that during installation of the CQC driver you are able to enter a port that matches what the SageTCPServer plugin is using...
that's how I remember it working... it was simple...
but its been a long time since I played with it...

oh crap, looks like I may have to play with this soon... is it bad when the windows install cd doesn't detect the current install? bummer I was hoping it would just fix the current install... I haven't backed up my CQC master server in quite a long time... it had been working so perfectly... why do HDD's always blow up when you haven't backed them up in a while?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Dean Roddey - 01-07-2013

They both have uneditable socket configuration, fixed to 9100 I think it is. I can edit the manifest and force it to allow editing of the config, but I didn't want to do that without understanding what I'm doing and why.

Dean Roddey Wrote:They both have uneditable socket configuration, fixed to 9100 I think it is.
I'm pretty sure that people have been running multiple extenders configuration before, so that seems odd...

Oh, wait, it's marked editable in the manifest configuration, but it's not editable when installing the driver. Dunno what's going on there. I'll have to look into that.

[Oops, nevermind that was my edit. It's actually marked uneditable in the manfiests as I downloaded and imported them. I changed it to try that, but I have to cycle the system or load it in the IDE and spit it back out and import it again before it'll show up.]

Any other advice? I changed the manifests to allow port editing and re-imported them. But neither the server nor player drivers will connect. They sit on waiting for comm resource (which would mean no one is listening on the other side), and log nothing at all so I don't know why they are unhappy.

He has the server on 9250, and the two extenders are 9260 and 9261. The server is running on this same machine as where the drivers are.

I see two instances of SageTVService.exe running.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - George M - 01-07-2013

Its been quite a while since I installed mine, but I think I had to edit the property file to tell it what ports to use. Of course I my memory could be totally BS and I could be thinking of some other driver..

Using the IP of the SageTV server for all the drivers?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - DaveB - 01-07-2013

Dean Roddey Wrote:Any other advice? I changed the manifests to allow port editing and re-imported them. But neither the server nor player drivers will connect. They sit on waiting for comm resource (which would mean no one is listening on the other side), and log nothing at all so I don't know why they are unhappy.

He has the server on 9250, and the two extenders are 9260 and 9261. The server is running on this same machine as where the drivers are.

I see two instances of SageTVService.exe running.

Ah - not to jump in on this, but Dean, as you are aware, I have two drivers with similar socket issues all "waiting for comm resource" They (Sage and the audio driver) actually connect initially, then seem to time out over time, then will not reconnect.