Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - keepersg - 12-25-2012

Trying to install the Sage Player driver and I can't set the port to anything other than 9100. I have installed the Sage Media Server with no problems. I've searched and can't find anything about this. Appreciate any insight.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Dean Roddey - 01-07-2013

What is the deal if the user only really uses extenders and wants to just send it media from My Movies? Do you still have to have the Sage Media Server installed and use that driver to control the extenders even if Sage MS itself isn't really involved in the equation?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - sic0048 - 01-07-2013

No. The extenders should work fine by themselves and do not require a server driver to be loaded in order to work. There is a "Watch Show Path" field in the extender driver. This field will "immediately play the media located at the path location. This must be a format of media that Sage is able to play. This can include video files, ripped DVDs, audio files, etc."

The server driver is helpful if you want to create lists of the upcoming recordings, recently recorded shows, recorded shows, show the TV guide, etc. It was broken out like this so that you wouldn't have multiple lists of upcoming shows, recordings, etc being created for every extender on the system.

So you load the shipped SageTV TCP driver and point it at the IP address of the extender and that's all you need?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - sic0048 - 01-07-2013

I would recommend using the beta Sage driver located in the first post of this thread. On a side note, there is really no reason those beta Sage Drivers shouldn't be included in the shipped version. They work great.

When configuring the CQC driver, the only weird thing is you use the IP address of the Sage server NOT the extender's IP address.

If the user is using SageTV v7.x, then those beta driver instructions are a little out of date. Since the implimentation of the plugin system, you no longer modify the sage.prop file as the beta thread instructions tell you to.

Instead, you install the "SageTCPDriver" plugin using the SageTV plugin system. This can be access from the menu system on either an extender the SageTV software. Heck, it can even be accessed from the SageTV Web Interface now.

Once you install the SageTCPDriver, you need to configure the plugin by going in under the "Installed Plugin" menu option and choosing the SageTCPDriver plug in. You need to enter the MAC addresses of each extender separated by a comma. Then specify the ports you used when installing the CQC Sage Player Driver. Both the Sage Plugin and the CQC Driver default to the same port, so use it unless you are installing more than one extender on the same system.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 01-07-2013

sic0048 Wrote:On a side note, there is really no reason those beta Sage Drivers shouldn't be included in the shipped version. They work great.
I would actually say there is actually a huge reason not to add the sage drivers to the shipping version of CQC... Sage is dead, google gobbled them all up over a year ago, there is nothing left, if google was going to do anything with sage that would make us users happy they would of already...

so everyone at this point who has CQC and who also has Sage,probably already has the latest drivers installed... and the odds of a new CQC'er coming along who also is still using sage seems pretty slim, and they can always d/load the sage drivers from here if need be...

so I would actually suggest removing the current/old sage drivers from CQC as sage is unfortunately quite dead...

note: my sage setup is still working just fine... regardless of being an officially dead product or not... and it is kind of a sad state when a product that has been dead for over a year is still better then all its competitors that are still being actively developed.:-(

This person has two extenders, so we just pick some arbitrary port to give to each one and use those in the CQC driver instances?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 01-07-2013

Dean Roddey Wrote:This person has two extenders, so we just pick some arbitrary port to give to each one and use those in the CQC driver instances?
correct, but only slightly arbitrary... in sage, goto setup/installed plugins/sagetcpserver(I think that's the name, I haven't touched mine in a while)/configure plugin
scroll down a bit and it will list extender #1 (or maybe it is the MAC of extender #1?) and it will have a port assigned, use that port number for CQC

I assumed I was installing the Sage Player driver on that thread, but the port isn't modifiable on that one. Am I supposed to install that or the Sage Media Server driver? I assumed the player since we aren't interested in controlling the server via CQC.

Actually it's not modifiable on either of them, so I'm diffused as to how to set up the individual extender driver instances to point to the ports (he has now configured in V7) for the extenders. Did he have to enter a known player driver moniker there that I'm supposed to use?