Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-13-2011

Looking at the timestamp of the drivers, I most likely haven't touched the source code in over a year, so I wouldn't know... Wink

I remember that internally they are stored in arrays, which are created by an XML parser that Bob made before you officially introduced/exposed one... But as far as creating the list fields or "back door" lists from those, I'm not sure. I think the string tokeniser was indeed used for that, but I wouldn't bet on it. Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - royalj7 - 09-25-2012

So I've recently moved my master server and upgraded CQC and have run into numerous issues (as I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing), mainly due to my ineptitude at anything resembling programming. My Sage Server driver is cycling through being connecting and waiting for comm source...it just keeps connecting and losing connection. I'm still running Sage 6x so my setup is before the fork in the driver. I turned on logging in CQC and the below is what it seems to be complaining about:

CQCKit, MEng.System.CQC.Runtime.CQCLogger.437, Status/App Status
Exception_.ProcessMsg.1304 for Item: DiskSpace Data: 0|-4081 : Can't convert '-4081' to a MEng.Card4 binary form
}
09/25 20:27:18-whserver, CQCServer, CQCDrv_SageServerThread13
{
CQCKit, MEng.System.CQC.Runtime.CQCLogger.437, Status/App Status
Exception_.WaitForMessage.1304 for Any : Can't convert '-4081' to a MEng.Card4 binary form

Anyone have an idea what the issue could be? My SageTCPServer is v2.73, SageTv v6.6.25, GKusnick Studio v0.72, and CQC v4.2.5.

Appreciate any help,
--Jamie

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Dean Roddey - 09-25-2012

It's getting a negative number for something it expects to always be a positive. Apparently something related to disc space. Deos the Sage driver provide any sort of disc space field?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - chmilar - 09-26-2012

royalj7 Wrote:I'm still running Sage 6x

Just in case you are not aware, owners of SageTV v6 can upgrade to v7 for free. Go to the SageTV website for more details.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - royalj7 - 09-26-2012

Maybe Fonceur can weigh in on the negative number issue. Other than upgrading CQC I haven't changed anything from the time when Sage was working for me. So i expect the Sage driver has changed in some way (like the MyMovies one).

Thanks,
--Jamie

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - royalj7 - 09-26-2012

Well, I upgraded to SageTV 7.x and am having the same issue as above. Its blowing up with the negative Disk Space Data. I'm not even sure what it's looking at to get that information.

--Jamie

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 09-27-2012

The SageTCPServer plugin stopped being compatible with SageTV 6.x at version 2.00, a long time ago... Wink

The disk space is obtained from SageTV, so something odd is happening on that end. I'm not sure if there's a screen in SageTV to see info about the disk space in the default layout/skin.

Have you tried rebooting the SageTV server? You could enable the logging in SageTV and SageTCPServer, there might be some clues in the ageTV\SageTV\sage_0.txt log file...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - whozeawhat - 10-06-2012

I ran into this same problem, with SageTV 7, the available diskspace value going negative. Seems this happens, depending on how you sent up the disk allocation parameters. I also wanted my own personal tweaks in the driver.

Here are the updates I've incorporated into my own revision of the Media Server driver. I don't believe Fonceur, has looked at the code in some time, so I took it upon myself to provide a fix for anyone else that might run into this issue. If I've pissed in someone else's sandbox, I apologizeWink

I've run this for a few months, with no issues so far.....

Revision Log:
-updated Method 'ProcessMessage', to check for a negative value from DiskSpaceAvailable, overrides to zero
-updated Method 'DisplayedText', which was causing the driver to go offline
-created Field to request resend All or specific lists from SageTCPServer [All,Favorites,Recordings,UpcomingRecordings]
-created time Fields for the most recent and future EPG update times for SageTV
-created Field to request the EPG time updates (currently not performed automatically)
-updated various messages to allow for more detailed logging
-added debug level low requirement for common log messages
-Updated version to SageTV Media Server 1.21

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-08-2012

whozeawhat Wrote:I don't believe Fonceur, has looked at the code in some time, so I took it upon myself to provide a fix for anyone else that might run into this issue. If I've pissed in someone else's sandbox, I apologizeWink
Fine by me, I haven't had CQC installed since the last time I updated this driver or such. Wink I don't have anything that could be controlled in my small apartment. Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - royalj7 - 10-09-2012

Works great. Thanks whozeawhat!

--Jamie